Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM pdf Raterization for pdf subassets

Level 1

Hello there,

I'm currently running AEM 6.3 and trying to Implement PDF rasterization as instructed here : https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/assets/using/aem-pdf-rasterizer.html

I'm currently blocked by command which is throwing an expection as below  :

'ERROR* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/server0/2018-09 27_1/createsubassets_89:/content/dam/corporate/creative/us/CP999/20017361_Creative.pdf/subassets/page2.pdf/jcr:content/renditions/original] com.day.cq.dam.pdfrasterizer.process.PdfRasterizerHandlingProcess execute: failed to execute command [[/opt/aem/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle539/data/binaries/PDFRasterizer, -d, -p, *, -s, 1280]] for asset [/content/dam/amex/creatives/us/Folder/Creative.pdf/subassets/page2.pdf]'

After debugging the above looks like the command where its being executed is different from the path that AEM is installed on my machine.

Machine AEM Path :

/Users/SandeepKV/static-author/one-cms/crx-quickstart/logs

Command Execution Path :

/opt/aem/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle539/data/binaries/PDFRasterizer, -d, -p, *, -s, 1280

Is there a way to change the path from where the above workflow command can be triggered, if not what the best solution in this regards

Please Advice.

Best
Sandeep KV

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi Sandeep,

Can you confirm if the following path exists and can be executed through terminal?

"/opt/aem/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle539/data/binaries/PDFRasterizer, -d, -p, *, -s, 1280 "

If yes, please check how many AEM processes running at your instance. And also confirm your environment (Linux or Mac)?

Thanks,

Ashutosh

Level 1

Hi Ashutosh,

The above path does exist, however doesn't execute through terminal as below :Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 11.47.44 AM.png

Also the package is visible here in my AEM web-console :

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 11.48.28 AM.png

Also, I'm running only one instance (Static-author) on MAC OS.

Thanks
Sandeep KV

Level 4

Hi Sandeep,

Also it is worth to check the MAC os version, the PDF rasterizer is not supported for Mac OS. See below

Technical Requirements

Thanks,

Ashutosh

Level 1

Ashutosh,

Reviewed the requirement, configured on windows platform and the package works just fine !

Thats been a great help, thanks for your quick turnaround.

Will get back with questions if any.

Best

Sandeep