Using references from The Page Exporter and Mobile with Content Sync , I have implemented page exporter configuration.
With this, in admin login, http://localhost:4502/content/something.export.zip works fine. This downloads a ZIP file with all HTML, images, CSS and JS.
But with any other login, even though the user is of administrator group will only download empty zip file.
Please help resolve this.
For export action, apart from read permissions of content below permission is required at /var/contentsync.
for my test user to perform export, minimum permission is
Thanks it worked in localhost with permission to /var/contentsync.
But still server downloads 1B sized corrupted ZIP file at our server, with full permissions to every directory possible of CRX.
YOu did not add the correct permissions as Arun stated. I added most permissions to user Dan i used in video. For testing purposes, click all permissons in top row and try again.
the issue is with the permission.
you can replicate by just adding user in admin group, it will work.
for testing you can create demo group with all the permission and add user, it will work then.
If you need I can extract exact permission.
Hi Scott MacDonald,
Thanks for response, I did the following after watching the video, but with fail.
1) I created a fresh instance of AEM-6.2.
2) Logged in to available user: author/author, which had permission to the content required. (Screenshot 1)
3) Opened the page, which opened without any problem. (Screenshot 2)
4) Modified extension as "export.zip". Which gave an error (Screenshot 3)
5) So loaded URL without "editor.html", which also gave an error (http://localhost:4502/content/geometrixx-outdoors/en/company/our-story.export.zip ) (Screenshot 4)
6) Configured export path to be default OOTB one. (Screenshot 5)
7) Same error on page. (Screenshot 6)
I was able to successfully export a page using a non-admin user:
Have you tried giving permissions to the other users to access the content you are trying to export?