Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM launches launch date edit desn't work as expected

Level 2

Hi,

I'm facing the issue on launches promotion after launch date edit.

I created a launch with existing content, excluding subpages and inheriting the source page live data.

I set the Launch Date as "2018-09-01T12:00:00.000-04:00"

Then I edited the content of the launch page and mark it "isProductionReady" as true for promoting it. Added this property to the page using workflow after approval.

After this, I updated the launch date (liveDate) to "2018-09-02T12:00:00.000-04:00" (a day after).

I noticed that the launch was promoted on 2018-09-01 as well as 2018-09-02. The lastPromoted date property was also updated to 2018-09-01 and then 2018-09-02.

Now, I'm confused that after editing launch promoted on it's originally scheduled time as well as it's new launch time.

Could you please provide the background of this behavior and solution if possible?

** Please tell, if it's confusing, I'll provide more detail.

7 Replies

Administrator

Can you please provide the steps to reproduce this? and which AEM version is in consideration? Nothing has been reported like this as of now.

-kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi Kautuk,

Thanks for checking my question.

I'm using AEM 6.1 SP1

Steps to reproduce are:

1. Create launch as per Creating Launches While creating I selected launch with existing content, excluding subpages, inheriting the source page live data and launch date (say T1 = "2018-09-01T12:00:00.000-04:00")
  2. Edit launch page content.
  3. Started workflow on the launch page. This workflow will do nothing but add "isProductionReady" property as true and update "cq:lastModified". Basically with this makes launch page ready for promotion.
  4. After this, I updated the launch date (liveDate) to T2 = "2018-09-02T12:00:00.000-04:00" (a day after) as per Editing Launches I updated launch date to T2 before it's original promotion time (live date) T1
  5. Since, "isProductionReady" property as true is already available in the page, so didn't start a workflow or anything.

After all these, I noticed that the launch was promoted at the T1 time as well as the T2 time. The "lastPromoted" date property was also updated to T1 and then T2.

Actually, I start an EventHandler on filter "(&(path=/content/launches/*/jcr:content)(resourceType=wcm/launches/components/launch))" and check for "lastPromoted" property added/changed to do further processing on the pages while puhing the actual page to publisher. But this is something which is after launch promotion. Not at all related to the issue I reported (just for info).

Please let me know your findings.

Like (0) Reply

Show more

Administrator

Apologies for the late response.

I would recommend opening a Support ticket for this.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

So when you create a launch below is node structure for launches gets set. You should see all the launches under /content/launches/<yyyy>/<mm>/<dd>/<launchname> and you should be able to see the launch date in /content/launches/<yyyy>/<mm>/<dd>/<launchname>/jcr:content "livedata" property.

So when you edited there would be two launch name jobs, hence two promotion happened. To disable one of them you can safely move the launchname to tmp to disable them.

Level 2

Hi saurabhs16239964

Thanks for your input. Yes, I can see two Jobs creating "com/adobe/cq/wcm/launches/autopromote". But, this would be an issue from the AEM side because I'm editing the launch timing, not adding a new one.

Could you please also tell me the way to disable one of the Job (programmatically and manually)? I actually don't know how to move the launchname to tmp. Any reference would be great.

Thanks.

Level 2

Seems like this is an AEM bug, where on the edit of a launch date, a new Job creates to autopromote the launches.

The Job name is "com/adobe/cq/wcm/launches/autopromote"

As saurabhs16239964 suggested, we can disable old Job. But the new Job doesn't create immediately, it takes some time. Does anybody have an idea about it?

To disable Job:

Map<String,Object> properties = new Hashtable();

properties.put("launchPath", "/content/launches/yyyy/mm/dd/launch-name");

Collection<ScheduledJobInfo> jobs = jobManager.getScheduledJobs("com/adobe/cq/wcm/launches/autopromote", -1, properties);

for (ScheduledJobInfo sj : jobs) {

if (! liveDateOfLaunchPage.equals(sj.getNextScheduledExecution().toString())) {

sj.unschedule();

}

}