Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM instance repository getting corrupted after archetype 39 code deployment

Level 2

Hi,

I generated code from latest archetype and deployed to aem. When I am restarting the AEM server , getting below error

HTTP ERROR 503 Problem accessing /. Reason:

AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

Step to preproduce

1. Start Vanilla/New instance AEM 6.5 instance
  2. Update AEM service pack 6.5.13 (This is an optional step)
  3. Created a project code base by running below command mvn -B archetype:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=39 -D appTitle="AEM Mysite" -D appId="aem-mysite" -D groupId="com.aem.mysite" -D aemVersion="6.5.0" -D includeDispatcherConfig=n -D includeExamples=n
  4. Deploy the code to AEM
  5. Stop the instance.
  6. Start the instance again. Authentication error will occur at this step.

This is very strange issue.

Note that this issue is occurring for other archetype as well such asarchetype-34

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @shakuntshri ,

I had faced the same issue with archetype 35 but this happens mostly due to some corrupt entry in the repoinit folder. Please analyse it and delete any custom or new entry but leave the ootb ones. This has fixed the authentication support missing issue after deleting those custom entry from repoinit folder. After deleting start the server and it will work. 

Thanks,

Mahesh 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

HI @shakuntshri ,

There can be multifarious reasons as below

• This happen when your instance shutdown abnormally. sometimes it corrupts indexes - Stop AEM instance and delete Index files in crx-quickstart folder. restart Instance.
  • Please check all the available existing error.log files(logs rotated with previous days) in your local instance before you get to notice the exact log statement - "AuthenticationSupport service missing".

Recently ran into the issue in one of my local instance and the original/initial cause was  Java Heap Space (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space) which then eventually lead to "AuthenticationSupport service missing" - While setting up the new instance, I missed to configure the JVM options in start.bat and was using the default one.

• A custom repoinit script that is deployed under crx-quickstart/launchpad/config/org/apache/sling/jcr/repoinit that might cause the repository service to fail on start. Most likely the activate function is running the repoinit scripts and silently dying. - Best thing to do is remove any custom repoinit scripts and restart the instance. If you have multiple of them the just delete them one at a time, but leave the OOTB ones there.

For more details please refer [0] & [1].

[0]: https://jordan-sheen.medium.com/authenticationsupport-service-missing-a5739c6794f1

[1]: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/HowToCheckLuceneIndex.html#main-pars_header1

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @shakuntshri ,

I had faced the same issue with archetype 35 but this happens mostly due to some corrupt entry in the repoinit folder. Please analyse it and delete any custom or new entry but leave the ootb ones. This has fixed the authentication support missing issue after deleting those custom entry from repoinit folder. After deleting start the server and it will work. 

Thanks,

Mahesh