Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Install Issue

Level 3

Hello Community,

I wanted to move my aem instance repository from one machine to another. I have copied my crx-quickstart folder from old machine and tried restarting it in new machine . Unable to access any console and facing below upgrade issue which i did not intend to.

1817068_pastedImage_0.png

I am not trying to upgrade this instance. Facing this issue while starting the instance with crx-quickstart folder from old instance as to skip the project content, configuration which is more time consuming.

I am using AEM 6.4

stdout.log have below lines

Quickstart startup at Mon Aug 19 22:39:40 IST 2019

UpgradeUtil.handleInstallAndUpgrade has mode UPGRADE

How would i skip this Upgrade while stating the AEM ?

Thanks,

Vinay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As mentioned by Cal, provide the complete steps you follow for moving the crx-quickstart.

You can append the java argument “-Dorg.apache.sling.launchpad.startupmode=restart” to CQ_JVM_OPTS in the crx-quickstart/bin/start script which will force instance to startup in RESTART mode.

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

You cannot move the crx-quickstart folder from one instance to another. Try using the online/Offline backup and then move the snapshot/backup to the new instance. More details at [1]

[1] Backup and Restore

Level 3

Hi,

As per your query I understand, you are moving the crx-quickstart folder, quickstart- jar and license properties to a new machine.

And trying to start AEM, so the same instance for example author you have in your old machine, it should start as is in your new machine.

When I tried from my end, I copied the crx-quickstart folder, quickstart- jar and license properties from my old machine to new machine, the author instance I had in my old machine is working normally in new machine. UpgradeUtil.handleInstallAndUpgrade has mode RESTART in stdout.log.

Can you elaborate the steps you are performing?

Best,

Cal   

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As mentioned by Cal, provide the complete steps you follow for moving the crx-quickstart.

You can append the java argument “-Dorg.apache.sling.launchpad.startupmode=restart” to CQ_JVM_OPTS in the crx-quickstart/bin/start script which will force instance to startup in RESTART mode.

Regards,

Vishu