Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM eCommerce Connector

Level 10

Hi all,

Please let me know the steps required to carry out AEM integration with any eCommerce Engine using the  AEM eCommerce Connector.

I am assuming that the Connector does some tasks on its own, rather than the developer doing everything from scratch.

I raised a similar query early, but did not see any traction.

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

18 Replies

Level 10

Hi Scott,

The HELPX article you offered also discusses the activities to prepare an eCommerce provider.

I am back to Square One now.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Scott,

Please read  "Ask the AEM Community Experts Webinar Session" in place of "HELPX article" in my above post.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Rama,

You can see this the HELPX article that how to work AEM with eCommerce provider API's.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating custom Adobe Experience Manager 6.2 ecommerce providers

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 10

Hi Ratna Kumar,

The URL you offered discusses the activities to prepare an eCommerce provider.

My query is on the AEM side. What activities we should under take on AEM side so that we use the eCommerce Connector to connect with any eCommerce engine.

Unfortunately, I cant see even an architecture diagram depicting AEM, Connector and eCommerce Engine.

Thanks,

Rama.

Employee

Hi Rama,

an architecture overview of the AEM commerce framework can be found in our documentation.

Which tasks required on the AEM side depends mainly on the commerce engine you are trying to integrate with AEM. There are connectors for many commerce solutions which implement the AEM commerce integration framework. If you plan to integrate the home grown commerce system then I recommend to check out eCommerce Integration Framework which gives some starter.

Markus

Level 10

Hi Markus,

Thanks. I am able to see the Architecture now.

Even the CQ Gems session, you pointed me to, addresses the creation of a custom eCommerce Provider only.

Now I request someone to arrange an Adobe Connect Session ASAP and enlighten me.

Otherwise I face the risk of being incapacitated on this subject..

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 4

Hi Rama,

Which is the e-Commerce solution you want to integrate to?

AEM suppors  some of the leading eCom solution out of the box i.e. Hybris, Magento, etc.

-Navin

Level 10

Hi Navin,

I am trying to understand Oracle Commerce.

But, I am stuck up with the basics themselves.

What is the job of the connector? I mean what is the part of implementation it comes with, so that we could avoid doing?

Between connecting two different eCommerce providers, what changes with respect to implementations and what remains the same?

What exactly do we mean by saying that AEM supports some eCommerce engines like Hybris OOB?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Rama.

Employee

Hi Rama,

AEM always need a connector to integrate with commerce engine. For major of the shelf commerce systems Adobe or Partners provide integrations which are ready to use. List of connectors > eCommerce

Markus

Level 10

Hi Markus,

Keeping my above reply to Navin in view, please clarify on the connector.

From your above post, it looks like the connector is different for each of the eCommerce Providers.

So, the coding for the advertised eCommerce Engines is already done.

Do we still need to add more coding on top of them to make them work?

Also, From eCommerce Provider perspective, should we perform the activities, listed in all our other tutorials, to create a eCommerce Provider, to .affect this integration?

Thankjs,

Rama.

Level 4

Hi Rama,

The job of a connector to Sync the Product Data between the eCom Plateform and AEM. The End user will see the product pages and other functionality like add to cart, order etc from AEM and once the order it placed the details will be placed to eCom Engine.

Level 10

Hi Navin,

Thanks for your inputs.

I already understood that the Connector offers these OOB components and functionalities.

My question is more from an implementation perspective.

What is it we, as developers, should do to have these many functionalities available to us from the connector?

Is this connector the same for all eCommerce Providers or it is different for each of them?

You may say that it is requirements driven, but kindly consider a typical scenario.

From eCommerce Provider perspective, I would think that we should perform the activities, listed in all our other tutorials, to create a eCommerce Provider.

With this, will the loop close or we need to do anything more to affect this integration?

Thankjs,

Rama.

Employee

Hi Rama,

for you as a developer there is only one commerce API to be used in your project for example to build your UI components. See here for intro & here API reference. This API is independed of the commerce system used in the background.

Markus

Level 10

Hi Markus,

The URL, Developing (generic)   says:

"The integration framework includes an integration layer with an API. This allows you to build AEM components for eCommerce capabilities (independent of your specific eCommerce engine). It also allows you to use the internal CRX database or to plug in an eCommerce system and pull product data into AEM.

A number of out-of-the-box AEM components are provided to use the integration layer. Currently these are:

1. A product display component
  2. A shopping cart"

What do we mean by Out of Box?

Do we not need to customize/configure them?

In such a case, the API being the same, is the implementation of these components going to be different for different eCommerce Providers?

For some eCommerce Providers like Hybris, these implementations are already offered?

And for others, we need to write code?

I am sorry, I am not getting the full picture and that is why I once again request an Adobe Connect session at the earliest..

Thanks,

Rama.

Employee

It is shipped as part of AEM.

Very likely yes, for example you want to display different attributes for a product or modify the cart ui.

No the components us the commerce API, so they are in depended of eCommerce Provider. Remember the architecture diagram the implementation of the commerce API (which is basically what is called connector) is taking care of the abstraction.

Yes for commerce providers on the help page we or partners provide the implementation. For others you need to write code, see the webinar links above.

Level 2

Hi Rama,

Do you have any helpful links or documents for development perspective.

Thanks,

Swapna

Level 1

Hi,

How to integrate aem with commercetool, anybody done kindly guide me

Thanks

padman