Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM CryptoException

Level 5

Hi Frndzs,

We are facing the below issue when we try to access the hybris from AEM (AEM crypto unable to decrypt the password)

java.lang.IllegalStateException: com.adobe.granite.crypto.CryptoException: Cannot convert byte data

Caused by: com.adobe.granite.crypto.CryptoException: Cannot convert byte data

at com.adobe.granite.crypto.internal.CryptoSupportImpl.unprotect(CryptoSupportImpl.java:160)

at com.XXXX.aem.aemcore.hybris.security.XXXXAuthHandler.getUnprotectedValue(XXXXXAuthHandler.java:254)

at com.XXXX.aem.aemcore.hybris.security.XXXXAuthHandler.authenticateUser(XXXXXAuthHandler.java:111)

... 135 common frames omitted

Caused by: com.adobe.granite.crypto.CryptoException: Failed decrypting cipher text

at com.adobe.granite.crypto.internal.CryptoSupportImpl.decrypt(CryptoSupportImpl.java:96)

at com.adobe.granite.crypto.internal.CryptoSupportImpl.unprotect(CryptoSupportImpl.java:157)

... 137 common frames omitted

Caused by: com.rsa.jsafe.JSAFE_PaddingException: Invalid padding.

at com.rsa.jsafe.JSAFE_SymmetricCipher.decryptFinal(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.granite.crypto.internal.jsafe.JSafeCryptoSupport.getPlainText(JSafeCryptoSupport.java:326)

at com.adobe.granite.crypto.internal.jsafe.JSafeCryptoSupport.getPlainText(JSafeCryptoSupport.java:308)

at com.adobe.granite.crypto.internal.CryptoSupportImpl.decrypt(CryptoSupportImpl.java:94)

... 138 common frames omitted

2 Replies

Level 3

Were you able to resolve this?

I'm facing this when copying the truststore between instances. I'm following the procedure in Managing Subscriptions  which I expected to fix this problem.

I've found the solution to this, see Security Checklist -> "Replicating Keys for AEM 6.3"