Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Communities & Intranet

Level 2

I am trying to play with AEM and comparing with other portal that I have already worked. One of the common leads that we get is to have an intranet portal. Now, I was reading around AEM documentation and have tried my hands on AEM Communities (I created an Engagement Community). It was pretty nifty and it automatically created a bunch of pages with forums, blogs, quick links, calendar, etc which normally a intranet portal asks for.

So is it safe to assume that we should use AEM Communities to cater intranet portal?

What about customization? There are a bunch of pages with predefined components and comes with predefined set of themes. Can we create custom themes for AEM communities? Can you please guide me to a path?

Can we create custom components? Lets say on the dashboard I want to pull some data from SAP and show as chart. Can such custom components be created? If so can you please guide me to the path?

All the pages that are coming along with a community have single column layout? Can we have custom layout?

Looking forward for a helpful response.

Regards,

Sandeep

1 Reply

Administrator

Checking with AEM communities team to have a look at this one.

Kautuk Sahni