Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM beginner question

Level 1

Hello, I am new to AEM and I do not own AEM licenses. However we have a need to integrate AEM with external KM tool. External KM tool can provide some of the content which needs to be displayed through AEM platform. My initial questions are:

1. Is it possible to get AEM cloud or sandbox instance? If yes, What are the steps?

2. How can i create a new web component such as "Popular articles"? Instead of getting the content directly through AEM, I want to retrieve the content via external web service and display through AEM.

I appreciate the response.         

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

for point 2, you can refer below community article to display content in AEM from REST web service

Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 HTL Component that displays data from a Restful Web Service

I am not sure about how to get AEM cloud or sandbox instance, Adobe can help with this.

Thanks
Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 10

Hi,

To get AEM Jar from cloud or sandbox instance is impossible. What you can do is -

1. You need to contact Adobe sales team for AEM Trail instance: Adobe Marketing Cloud | Sales Enquiries

Regarding your second point,

As Arun suggested, there are many Adobe HELPX articles that you can display content in AEM from REST/SOAP.: Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 HTL Component that displays data from a Restful Web Service There are many HELPX articles related to this.

Check here for same: Listing of 2017 HELPX Community Articles (Updated Nov 17)  and 2018 Community Articles (Updated April 27)

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.