Highlighted

AEM assets 6.4 - Publishing assets to sites author

a_mn1

17-12-2018

Hello Guys, I have the below requirement. Can someone pls confim/guide if this is achievable in AEM assets 6.4

1. Replicate Content fragments  created in aem assets author  to AEM sites author.(Any aem sites author which is running on 6.2+ version)

2. Replicate the Content fragments to AEM assets publisher and expose the content fragments to 3rd party mobile applications (native apps).

Regards,

Anand MN

Replies

Highlighted

a_mn1

18-12-2018

Hello Veena,

No, we have procured aem assets and are planning to host it as a standalone asset repository.  So AEM Assets author (& publisher too) is server on its own.  we have different sites instances for various applications.

Note : I am not in a position to change this architecture of having different assets and sites instances. I am looking at a viable solution to have the approved content from assets to be made available to my applications hosted in aem sites.

Regards,

Anand MN

Highlighted

smacdonald2008

19-12-2018

"expose the content fragments to 3rd party mobile applications (native apps)."

Have you checked the functionality of Content Services. This is the purpose of this part of AEM. See: Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with AEM Content Services

NOTE - this is for 6.3 SP1 and greater.

Highlighted

a_mn1

19-12-2018

Yes Scott. My question is not on content services. Before even reaching that I need to get the content replicated from assets author to sites author.That is where I am stuck. 

Highlighted

rmahendra

Employee

20-12-2018

You can setup a separate replication agent for the sites author instance and replicate assets. Refer How to Replicate Using Specific replication Agents. For the second requirement also you can setup a separate replication agent to replicate content fragments and leverage content services to expose the content.