Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM assets 6.4 - Publishing assets to sites author

Level 4

Hello Guys, I have the below requirement. Can someone pls confim/guide if this is achievable in AEM assets 6.4

1. Replicate Content fragments  created in aem assets author  to AEM sites author.(Any aem sites author which is running on 6.2+ version)

2. Replicate the Content fragments to AEM assets publisher and expose the content fragments to 3rd party mobile applications (native apps).

Regards,

Anand MN

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Where is your AEM Assets hosted ? Is it not part of your AEM author server ?

Level 4

Hello Veena,

No, we have procured aem assets and are planning to host it as a standalone asset repository.  So AEM Assets author (& publisher too) is server on its own.  we have different sites instances for various applications.

Note : I am not in a position to change this architecture of having different assets and sites instances. I am looking at a viable solution to have the approved content from assets to be made available to my applications hosted in aem sites.

Regards,

Anand MN

Level 10

"expose the content fragments to 3rd party mobile applications (native apps)."

Have you checked the functionality of Content Services. This is the purpose of this part of AEM. See: Adobe Experience Manager Help | Getting Started with AEM Content Services

NOTE - this is for 6.3 SP1 and greater.

Level 4

Yes Scott. My question is not on content services. Before even reaching that I need to get the content replicated from assets author to sites author.That is where I am stuck. 

Employee

You can setup a separate replication agent for the sites author instance and replicate assets. Refer How to Replicate Using Specific replication Agents. For the second requirement also you can setup a separate replication agent to replicate content fragments and leverage content services to expose the content.