Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM as Cloud Service - Content Deployment

Community Advisor

Hi All,

We have huge amount (Approx 25 GB) of assets along with content pages which needs to be moved to Stage and PROD environment from the development environment. Can you guys suggest which approach will be best for moving the content package? Please note all of these environments are running with AEM as Cloud Service.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Spoke with Adobe and unfortunately there is no solution ready to go. Adobe is heavily working on this thing, because a lot of clients are requesting this. Only way to fix this is to split the packages into multiple package and deploy it to other environment.

Let's see when Adobe will come with a feasible solution!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Varun_Shakya 

I don't see ACS Tool compatible with AEM as Cloud Service. Did you try it on AEM as Cloud?

Thanks!

Community Advisor

I have checked this one and it talks about the Package Manager, Grabbit and VLT CRP. But these are not option for me in AEM as Cloud.

Community Advisor

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_ I'm also working as part of AEMaaCS migration project. After having discussion with Adobe folks, there's one content transfer tool (Adobe internal) that suits the need if moving from on-premise or AMS to cloud service. However, since that's not the case, there's upcoming feature of environment synchronisation that is supposed to be available sometime this year (no timeline yet IMHO). 
So, I don't think of any other way at this point of time rather than to have it done via package upload. 

Community Advisor

Hi @Himanshu_Singhal 

Yes, Adobe has Content Transfer Tool which can be leveraged to migrate the content from On-Premise or AMS to Cloud service.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/migration-journey/c...

Here I want to move content from Cloud to Cloud so looking for some option. Let me reach out to Adobe Support and see what option do they have.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Spoke with Adobe and unfortunately there is no solution ready to go. Adobe is heavily working on this thing, because a lot of clients are requesting this. Only way to fix this is to split the packages into multiple package and deploy it to other environment.

Let's see when Adobe will come with a feasible solution!

Thanks!

Level 2

In yesterday Adobe's session, it was stated that the feature would be available sometime this year. It's official now!!

Community Advisor

Yes it will be available this year. But we do not know when it will be and it's really needed for large content deployment!

Administrator

@zeiss_hs , Here is the Contextual Thread: https://adobe.ly/3rqbSOz for that session.

If you would want to further ask anything related to it, please feel free to ask on contextual Thread. I would make sure, Speaker of that session reply to your question. 

HTH

Kautuk Sahni

Employee

The only possible way  as of now to transfer content from Dev to stage/prod  is the CRX Package manager. You can split this 25G package into smaller package and install it via package manager. Package manager is open for all environments in AEM CS world.

In the future the capability of Content Backflow might cater to this case.

Level 1

Prerequisites

• A provisioned AEM Cloud Program
  • Access to the Cloud Manager Git Repository
  • GitHub Desktop

Clone the WKND Site from the Adobe Git

1. Launch GitHub Desktop.
  2. Go to File > Clone Repository.
  3. In GitHub Desktop, select the URL tab.
  4. Add the following GitHub URL, which is the demo site from Adobe optimized for Cloud Service: https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd
  5. Click Clone button.
  6. Click Fetch Origin as shown below
  7. Go to Repository > Show in Explorer/Finder, as shown below:
  8. Keep the Explorer/Finder window open.

Clone the Cloud Manager Git Repository

1. In Cloud Manager, navigate to the Cloud Manager Program, as shown here:

2. Click on the Manage Git button as shown here:

3. Click Generate Password to create a new password.

4. Copy the Git URL, username and password to a text file for later use. These are the credentials for the Cloud Manager Git.

5. Navigate back to your GitHub Desktop application.

6. Click File > Clone Repository.

7. Select the URL tab.

8. Add the Cloud Manager Git URL you copied to the text file (see step 4).

9. Click Clone.

10. Authenticate using the User ID and Password copied from the Cloud Manager UI.

11. Click Fetch Origin.

12. Go to Repository > Show in Explorer/Content Finder

13. Delete all content except the .git folder.

14. Copy all the content, excluding the .git folder from the aem-guides-wknd GIT folder

15. Paste the content in the Cloud Manager Git Repository folder.

16. Switch back to GitHub Desktop, provide a commit message in the summary area, and click Commit to Main.

17. Click Push Origin.

Create a non-production Pipeline

1. In Cloud Manager, go to the AEM Cloud Service Programs
  2. Go to the Non-Production Pipeline Card > Add
  3. Add the name you wish to give the Pipeline
  4. Add Pipeline Type as Deployment Pipeline
  5. Select the main Git Branch
  6. Select the Pipeline Options Manual

Deploy the project

1. Hover over the created pipeline and click Build
  2. Download and Inspect the Logs

Verify Successful Deployment

1. Access the Non-Prod Author Environment
  2. Go to Sites > Project

Level 3

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_ ,

Could you please emphasized why you are not able to use grabit tool in cloud manager. We have migrated huge assets using grabbit from one env to another ( but not in cloud manager).

Only point in that case you need to keep in mind disabling the "dam asset rendition workflow". It might increase the I/O of memory.

Employee

If you can move your 25 GB of assets to one of the following locations such as S3/Azure Blob Storage or Google Cloud Storage then you can use asset ingestion that comes OOTB with AEMaaCS and ingest your assets on any environment.

You would then use your bucket as the source of truth, and update an asset in the bucket and reperform the ingestion to update the asset in any environment.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/manage/add-a...