Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM - AMC Products Reverse Communication

Level 10

Hi all,

We all are aware that AEM has the capability to pass data to all AMC Products.

But do all AMC Products communicate info back to AEM?

I am learning that Target has this capability.

How about the rest of them?

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

6 Replies

Level 10

Can you explain your use case in more detail please. 

Level 10

My team has suggested IBM Marketing suite and had to suffer because from their WCM info flows to their campaign system and not back wards.

I was asked this question whether in AMC, info flows back to AEM from Campaign and other AMC products.

Hope this clarifies where I am coming from.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 9

Rama,

I don't think you question explains much however AEM does provide campaign management but it is totally based user profile. Would you mind explaining what do you by saying "info flows back to AEM from campaigin"?

Do you mean syncing recorded information from other campaign system to AEM?

Level 10

Hi all,

I am presenting a couple of theoretical use case here:

1. Campaign: Typical AEM integration involves creating email content in AEM and passing it to Campaign, which leverages its mass communication capabilities to communicate with clients.

If I want to know from AEM how many people has Campaign communicated and what is the status of each of these communications (some email communications could fail as they could bounce), is there a way Campaign communicates this info to AEM, so that AEM displays this info in a grid?

2. I am running a website for selling shows. If a specific customer has already purchased a lot of blue color shoes, next time he logs in, I want to show predominantly blue color shoes to him.

If the web integrates with Adobe Analyzer and passes the data to it, Analyzer analyzes the info and creates a list of customer preferences (One of them is that customer X has inclination towards Blue color), is there a way Analytics communicates this back to AEM?

I am aware that Adobe target could be used for this purpose, but my question is about Analytics.

Similarly for what ever purpose AEM wants to integrate with each of the other AEM products, if AEM wants some info to be passed back, which of those AEM products will be able to do so?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

Administrator

Hi Rama

All AMC solutions have 2 way communications in them. So if we want data to be feed into campaign from AEM we can also fetch data from campaign.

All solution provides APIs to achieve this. Currently there might not be Out of box components available but we can certainly achieve it by writing our custom components/Services.

For your Use-Case 1 :- Adobe Campaign provides Data oriented APIs,so yes AEM can get information from Campaign. Link:- https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/CFG_API_Data_oriented_APIs.html

For your Use-case 2 :- Adobe Target works very well. Adobe target can consult the Analytics data of AEM site and can work over this data to give back personalized experience to AEM. "a4t.js" is the functionality in Adobe Target to communicate with Analytics data of AEM site/or any site and gives back personalized experience back to the site.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni 

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Hi Kautuk,

Thanks for the clarifications.

In order to answer my questions completely and close the loop, could you please address the following (without getting stuck with the use cases)?:

1. You covered Campaign and Target. What about other AMC products namely, Adobe Analytics, Social, AMO, and  DTM?

2. It also helps to know which ones are out of box and which ones need customizations.

I think Target is OOB and Campaign is not.

We need this much depth of info, in order to present AMC to the client and press upon him on why AMC is much superior when compared to its contemporary rivals.

Apologies for the follow up.

Thanks,

Rama.