Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5: experience fragments linking Issue

Level 2

Hello There, 

Need input on the following issue.

Issue: Experience Fragments links on the LiveCopy is not being updated based on the locale language.

Site Structure:

Blueprint page -  /content/my-site/en-US/content-page1

Livecopy page  - /content/my-site/es_ES/content-page1

Experience Fragment Structure:

Main - /content/experience-fragments/my-site/en_US/ef-level1/ef-level2

Language Copy - /content/experience-fragments/my-site/es_ES/ef-level1/ef-level2 

Now on the Buleprint page (/content/my-site/en-US/content-page1) we have used 'en_US' experience fragment.

After rollout, when we check the livecopy page (/content/my-site/es_ES/content-page1), we're still seeing 'en_US' experience fragment reference not the 'es_ES'.

This is similar to the issue posted on the community already for AEM 6.3 version AEM 6.3: experience fragments linking. Has this been addressed with AEM6.5 by chance?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Did some testing out of the box(6.5) and this is working as expected. Below are the steps performed.

1. Created a new experience fragment inside folder /content/experience-fragments/en/
  2. Created a new site page either under /content/we-retail/language-masters/en or /content/we-retail/us/en
  3. Added the experience fragment in the same page
  4. Now create a project either through reference panel or through projects UI
  5. Start the translation, accept it
  6. The experience fragment gets translated.( Please make sure that experience fragment is not already translated).

Other things to check:

- AEM will not translate XF created using "convert to XF" feature.

- Try to create a new XF and page as mentioned above and check

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Did some testing out of the box(6.5) and this is working as expected. Below are the steps performed.

1. Created a new experience fragment inside folder /content/experience-fragments/en/
  2. Created a new site page either under /content/we-retail/language-masters/en or /content/we-retail/us/en
  3. Added the experience fragment in the same page
  4. Now create a project either through reference panel or through projects UI
  5. Start the translation, accept it
  6. The experience fragment gets translated.( Please make sure that experience fragment is not already translated).

Other things to check:

- AEM will not translate XF created using "convert to XF" feature.

- Try to create a new XF and page as mentioned above and check

Level 2

Thanks for your quick response @Jaideep_Brar. My issue is on linking not on translation.

1. If I have an 'en_US' page, with the Experience Fragment component, where I have reference to en_US fragment.

2. If I create a livecopy (es_ES) then the live copy experience fragment component should have reference to 'es_ES' fragment but it is not the case I'm still seeing 'en_US fragment'

Level 4

@Jaideep_Brar@Rajy- I am seeing the same issue in AEM 6.5. Did you get the solution to your issue as mentioned below-

1. If I have an 'en_US' page, with the Experience Fragment component, where I have reference to en_US fragment.

2. If I create a livecopy (es_ES) then the live copy experience fragment component should have reference to 'es_ES' fragment but it is not the case I'm still seeing 'en_US fragment'

Level 2

@karanmahi- As per my knowledge, there is no direct solution for this issue. But we did fix the issue in the below mentioned two ways.

1. On the Locale page, author user has edited the "Experience Fragment Language".

2. On the target component where we are using the Experience Fragment, we had changed the Experience Fragment Path based on the current page path.