Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

View all

Sign in to view all badges

AEM 6.5 Bundles not installing under {project}/install

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 3
sdouglasmc
Level 3

Likes

22 likes

Total Posts

83 posts

Correct Reply

4 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Give Back
Ignite 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 3
sdouglasmc
Level 3

Likes

22 likes

Total Posts

83 posts

Correct Reply

4 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Give Back
Ignite 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile
sdouglasmc
Level 3

29-10-2019

We are upgrading to AEM6.5 from 6.3.  We have set up a shared NFS and everything seems to work fine. 

But since then, AEM doesn't appear to install new bundles of higher versions of our custom projects.  So, for example, {project-b}/install/project-b.jar will not trigger a bundle OSGI install.

I'm not sure the two are related but it does seem a bit odd.  Could something be cached?  Could installing on both author and publish cause issues?  

View Entire Topic

Avatar

Avatar
Seeker
Level 1
puneet_lamba
Level 1

Likes

2 likes

Total Posts

7 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Seeker
Engage 1
Give Back
Boost 1
Applaud 5
View profile

Avatar
Seeker
Level 1
puneet_lamba
Level 1

Likes

2 likes

Total Posts

7 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Seeker
Engage 1
Give Back
Boost 1
Applaud 5
View profile
puneet_lamba
Level 1

05-06-2020

I did not see this issue with the 6.5 beta version. However, with archetype13-based projects, the alpha 6.5.4 version of AEM doesn't seem to update a bundle contained within a package if the bundle is already installed. (I didn't try updating the version of the bundle, since I'm just updating the snapshot version in development.) However, using an archetype23-based project against the alpha 6.5.4 version of AEM seems to work fine. 

 

I determined that with archetype13, the Maven build still generates the correct packages and AEM actually returns a 200 ok message. So, something is going wrong within AEM but I didn't see any related logs being generated and wasn't motivated to debug this since I've moved on to archetype23. 

 

In cases where I still need to work with an archetype13-based project, I just define an alias for a curl command to directly update the bundle (i.e. not part of a package) in AEM and that works just fine.