Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.4 Tags accepting special characters instead of converting them to hyphen

Level 3

Hi Team,

In aem 6.4 , there is a separate screen for creating tags where tags are accepting special characters instead of hyphen.

Is anyone facing the same issues or is this a bug , Help needed.

Thanks

Preetham K.R

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The default tag dashboard vanity is  localhost:4502/aem/tags or navigate via Tools > General > Tagging. Using this console, you may add specific special characters that are allowed to be present in name/title of a tag.

Administering Tags

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The default tag dashboard vanity is  localhost:4502/aem/tags or navigate via Tools > General > Tagging. Using this console, you may add specific special characters that are allowed to be present in name/title of a tag.

Administering Tags

Level 3

Yes in the same console, when I try to create tag , its taking special characters, But in 6.2 even If I give special characters i was getting converted to hyphen. In 6.4 the special characters name/title are not getting converted to hyphen.

Ideally the title field should not accept any special charters or it should convert special characters into hyphen

Level 10

As Gaurav points out - see this doc topic:

Administering Tags

Are you seeing behavior that differs from the AEM documentation?

Level 10

I have tested in 6.3 and 6.4 and observed the same behavior. All other special characters are allowed in both 6.3 and 6.4

I'm not sure about 6.2's behavior.

1702925_pastedImage_2.png