Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.4 --Rich text Lists plugin is disabled when the cursor is in first line of List styled.

Level 5
Level 5

Use Case,

Drag and Drop a Text component in http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/we-retail/us/en/men.html  page.

Open the Text component dialog for the edit, Author more than one line of text in the Rich Text area of the component.

Select the Text and apply for the any one styling of Lists (Example number list or Bullet list)

1648814_pastedImage_1.png

Try to place the cursor in first line (Or Select the text along with first line) after applying the Style. Observe that the Lists plugin got disabled.

1648815_pastedImage_2.png

1648816_pastedImage_3.png

Note: Plugin gets disabled if on the first line selected after the styles got applied.

There is no custom code its a fresh installed AEM6.4 OOTB Text component behavior.

9 Replies

Level 1

I see the same behavior on 6.4 OOTB. If I style multiple lines at the same time Lists icon is disabled on the first line. If I style each line one after another List icon is disabled on all lines.

Also I see same behavior with Text Component under General Component Group (not just We.Retail component group). May be a bug.

Level 1

I see same issue with Text Component across We.Retail, Core Components and also Text component under General Group

Level 3

Hi,

We are facing similar issue. Do you have any solution fo this?

Thanks,

Sundari.

Level 10

To make this work - maximize the dialog and then the list is active -- as shown here:

MaxWin.png

Level 5
Level 5

smacdonald2008

for me It is still disabled in maximized dialog as well.

1662369_pastedImage_0.png

Level 3

Hi smacdonald2008smacdonald2008​,

If i try i full mode also i have similar issue.

For ex: if i open the OOTB text component dialog in full mode and type a text "sample1" and when i select the text andclick on numbered or bullet icon nothing happens.

1662641_pastedImage_0.png