AEM 6.4 Link Checker SSL Error

ReachPriyadarsh

ReachPriyadarsh

ReachPriyadarsh

24-07-2018

Hi,

I am facing issues with some external links getting removed by the link checker.

While checking in /etc/linkchecker.html , it shows the links are invalid and throwing a SSL error. The same url works fine in the 6.2 environment. I  have not made any modifications to the link checker configurations in either environment. Kindly let me know if any new changes to the 6.4 link checker service might be causing this and how to go about resolving the URL ? I am hoping not to disable the checker altogether.

Replies

giovanymorenohe

giovanymorenohe

giovanymorenohe

29-03-2019

Jörg Hoh Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't say it doesn't exist, it's there but it doesn't work properly because it doesn't ignore SSL errors anymore.

Gio

PD. you can see other people are having the same issue with 6.4: Link Checker Issue - SSLException - AEM 6.4

Jörg_Hoh

Employee

Total Posts

Correct Reply

Jörg_Hoh

Employee

Total Posts

Correct Reply

Jörg_Hoh
Employee

29-03-2019

Hm,

can you post the exception you see? For me it seems that the functionality is unchanged in AEM 6.4

Jörg

giovanymorenohe

giovanymorenohe

giovanymorenohe

29-03-2019

After a lot of trial and error, we found that the dialog doesn't support space-separated patterns anymore (so the dialog description is a bit misleading -- should it be updated?). Patterns should then be arranged in separate lines in the dialog, and as an array in the config file:

1721510_pastedImage_0.png

This is the .config that finally worked for us, leaving it here in case someone else runs into the same issue:

service.check_override_patterns=["^system/", "^https:\/\/www\.google\.com"]

Thanks a lot,

Gio

Jörg_Hoh

Employee

Total Posts

Correct Reply

Jörg_Hoh

Employee

Total Posts

Correct Reply

Jörg_Hoh
Employee

30-03-2019

Hi,

good to know. But I truly believe that this was the default behavior ever since. Because this property is a multi-value property in OSGI, and these were always separated as you do now.

And yes, the description is probably misleading quite a lot 🙂 Can you open a ticket with Adobe support, point this out and ask for this to get corrected?

Thanks,

Jörg