Regarding editable templates, I'm having a problem setting up two different lists of allowed components for two distinct parsys, which are included a single component.
I've tried in three ways:
- Adding the old "page resType --> parName --> components: [...]" configuration under project design folder (now in apps, not etc)
- Component wrapper, with 2 parsys. Editing the list of allowed components for this specific component works, but i have the same list on both the parsys.
- Component wrapper, which includes 2 other components (wrapper-right, wrapper-left). Left and right extend wcm responsivegrid component with his design dialog OOB. Editing right and left list of allowed components results in no components available on both responsive grids.
Is there any way to configure two separate lists of components for the 2 parsys ?
- Created two wrapper components (wrapperLeft, wrapperRight, both with superType --> responsivegrid), included by wrapper component (with data-sly-resource), instead of referencing directly two responsivegrid
- Created and linked two different policies for wrapperLeft and wrapperRight
Now, if I add multiple wrapper components to the root parsys, the responsive grids follow these policies rules
Thanks dgordon86 and @Arun Patidar for the suggestions
I'm assuming your wrapper component includes the Parsys Left/Right via a data-sly-resource or cq:incude? These will be artificial resources at first and the Template editor does not seem to like artificial resources. The solution is to make sure the nodes exist, either by manually adding them in the Template Type definition or by using something like cq:template in the component definition. Check out how Asset Share Commons does this:
So if I add a wrapper component to the main parsys, I'll have two new parsys. I need to set two different policies for these parsys, that are not present in the initial content of the page, but they are optional (included in the wrapper component).