Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.3 static agent configuration

Level 3

Hi All

I followed the blog to configure Static Agent in AEM 6.3 on my local system running on Windows.

It does not work for me and shows error in logs:

com.day.cq.replication.ReplicationException: Unable to replicate content with no transport handler. Check configuration.

Where to configure this transport handler under Static Agent configuration as there are only two tabs.

1. Does it work in the same way in AEM 6.3 ? OR there is some other way to achieve this.

2. If it is same as before, how to do I configure it for Windows system. I am trying this on my local instance. How do I provide the target directory ? For Unix/Linux it is like /tmp. How about Windows ?

I am using Agent User Id as Admin.

Thanks.

10 Replies

Employee

Make sure "Static Content Builder" has the right information. You can check this in felix console "system/console/configMgr"

Employee Advisor

There is no transport handler required for static agent as it is just exporting the static representation to the file system based on the path confugured.

Static Agent

This is an "Agent that stores a static representation of a node into the filesystem.".

For example with the default settings, content pages and dam assets are stored under /tmp, either as HTML or the appropriate asset format. See the Settings and Rules tabs for the configuration.

This was requested so that when the page is requested directly from the application server the content can be seen. This is a specialized agent and (probably) will not be required for most instances.

Check if you have configured the path properly and user running the AEM has read/write access to that path.

Refer to the step-by-step guide on setting up a static agent.

[1] Adobe CQ/Adobe AEM: How to use static agent in CQ / WEM

Level 3

I had configured it as below:

host.name localhost

port.name 4502

pointing to my local author instance.

I had tried port 4503 as well (my local publish instance). That did not work either.

Level 3

I believe this user is AEM user (eg. Admin in case of local instance). I am using admin as user which has read / write access.

Paths are configured properly.

I had followed the same blog to configure this.

Only thing not clear is how to configure it on Win system (eg my local instance)

Employee Advisor

Can you try to start the AEM instance as an administrator? All you need to configure is the path, So, try to mention the absolute path and check again?

Also, the default path is /tmp. Can you mention the java /tmp directory when starting the instance and check if that works?

Level 3

Thanks.

I can start AEM instance as admin. Absolute path of Windows file system ? Eg. E:\mydir\mysite ??

How to specify java /tmp directory when starting the instance ?

Employee Advisor

If you want to change the location of the temporary folder (for example, if you need a directory with more free space) then define a <new-tmp-path> by adding the JVM parameter:

-Djava.io.tmpdir="/<new-tmp-path>"

to either:

• the server startup command line
  • the CQ_JVM_OPTS environment parameter in the serverctl or start script

Level 3

Thanks JaideepBrar​. I will try to setup Java temp path like that.

kautuk sahni​ : Any thoughts here?

I am still getting the warning message: Unable to retrieve content: Unable to fetch content from http://localhost:4502/content/mysite/mypage.html?wcmmode=preview : 503

1. Which environment should it point to in the OSGi config? My local author or publish instance?
  2. Does it work on Windows path or it expects Unix based system always?
  3. Where to specify transport Handler: com.day.cq.replication.ReplicationException: Unable to replicate content with no transport handler. Check configuration.

Employee Advisor

kautuk sahni​ , CQ-4197791 was already fixed in the GA version of 6.3

RonakB - You can still log a daycare ticket and we can further investigate the issue.

Administrator

There is one similar reported for service user :CQ-4198555, I am not sure if this is an extension to it.

Worth reporting this one to Daycare.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni