Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.3 Soap form service getting no class def error

Level 2

Hi Team,

I installed AEM 6.3 turn key installation on my machine and trying to test the form service for rendering XDP forms.

However when i send a basic request, i receive a NoClassDefFoundError. Here is the response I get -

Could any body tell me if I need to add some jar at some location to make it work. I used configuration manager to install everything and haven't done any thing manually.

<soapenv:Body>

<soapenv:Fault>

<faultcode>soapenv:Server.generalException</faultcode>

<faultstring>Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/formServer/utils/CommonGibsonUtils; nested exception is:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/formServer/utils/CommonGibsonUtils</faultstring>

<detail>

<faultData/>

<ns1:hostname xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">XXXXXXXXX</ns1:hostname>

</detail>

</soapenv:Fault>

</soapenv:Body>

5 Replies

Level 10

Can you point to the doc you are following so community can try and reproduce this issue.

Level 10

We have asked the Forms team to look at this question. To render a form from XDP - there should not be this exception.

Level 2

I can not share the form as such due to company IP.

I will try with some simple hello world form and let you know the result.

Level 10

Put that basic form into a Google drive with a small readme so the community can try and produce your issue. Then we can try and figure out a solution.

Level 2

Are you able to invoke same API using FormsIVS using SOAP? Also, which method of invocation are you using? Are you using FormServiceClient or directly invoking SOAP endpoint or using workbench?

Also, please share server logs

Thanks

Nitin