Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.3 server deployment connection refused

Level 4

The new maven project is pointing to localhost and throwing the below connection refused error when tried to deploy on dev server. We are using Archetype 11.

08:28:28,157 INFO - Installing XXXX.ui.apps (D:\workspacePolCIB\root\Maven\Builds\AdobeCMS\Promotions\Publish_To_Author_Instance\ui.apps\target\XXXX.ui.apps-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.zip) to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp

08:28:29,277 INFO - I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused: connect

08:28:29,278 INFO - java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

08:28:29,278 INFO -     at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(Native Method)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you use the parameters on the maven commandline, they are just valid during this call; it's not a persistent call. If you are using this POM only to deploy to this instance, it might be easier to adapt the pom.xml file.

Jörg

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

Does 10 work for you?

I am going to try 11 today and see if it works for me.

Community Advisor

Was this working before ? What I see from your error logs seems like you are trying to install to your localhost:4502 and it is not up and running and throwing a connection refused.

08:28:28,157 INFO - Installing XXXX.ui.apps (D:\workspacePolCIB\root\Maven\Builds\AdobeCMS\Promotions\Publish_To_Author_Instance\ui.a pps\target\XXXX.ui.apps-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.zip) to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp

08:28:29,277 INFO - I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused: connect

08:28:29,278 INFO - java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

08:28:29,278 INFO -    at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(Native Method)

Are you sure your autoInstallPackage profile is pointing to the correct server.     

How to Build AEM Projects using Apache Maven - docs.adobe.com

1293750_pastedImage_3.png

Level 4

Is it necessary to add profiles for ui-apps pom.xml?

Community Advisor

By default the autoInstall will point to localhost if you are working on your local machine . You have to modify the pom to point it to the DEV servers.

Employee Advisor

You can also override the properties from the maven command line:

$ mvn clean install -Daem.host=dev.server -Daem.port=6302

(if your dev server has the hostname "dev.server" and AEM runs on port 6302).

Jörg

Level 1
Hi running mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackagePublish but i get a connection refused error and when i tried mvn clean install -Daem.host=dev.server -Daem.port=6302 it works.. Why is that? what is the difference between the two?

Level 4

Is it a permanent change, or change during deployment ?  Should i override the properties before deploying?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you use the parameters on the maven commandline, they are just valid during this call; it's not a persistent call. If you are using this POM only to deploy to this instance, it might be easier to adapt the pom.xml file.

Jörg