Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.3 - RTE and Numberfield compatibility error in 6.3

Level 1

Hello,

The site I work on was recently upgraded from 6.2 to 6.3. We have several components that utilize a RTE in a dialog, and after the upgrade, one component dialog in particular was throwing a JS error upon being opened, and we were unable to switch between tabs/use the RTE. The error is:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'sourceEditMode' of undefined

at Object.validate (all.js:2663)

at HTMLValidation.<anonymous> (foundation.js:1495)

at everyReverse (foundation.js:206)

at HTMLValidation.checkValidity (foundation.js:1488)

at foundation.js:1883

at Array.every (<anonymous>)

at Object.isValid (foundation.js:1876)

at enable (foundation.js:1030)

at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (foundation.js:1038)

at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.js:5226)

However, other components using the same RTE in a dialog were not throwing this error. I narrowed this down to a compatibility issue with the RTE and this version of the numberfield widget:

granite/ui/components/foundation/form/numberfield

Removing the numberfield with this sling:resourceType allows the component dialog to work, or, leaving the numberfield and deleting the RTE allows the dialog to work as well.

I tested this out in a fresh 6.3 instance in the We.Retail site. I installed this text component, which has the RTE in the dialog as well, from the adobe article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/touchUI_RTE_configure.html

and included the numberfield with the sling:resourceType in question, which breaks the dialog and throws the same JS error I saw in my site:

broken.jpg

I noticed a different numberfield in various We.Retail components, so tried updating the sling:resourceType of the numberfield in my broken component, and this actually works:

working.jpg

The working numberfield has a sling:resourceType of granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/numberfield.

So I'm wondering if anyone else can re-create this, or explain why there is a compatibility issue? We have a mixture of widgets in our dialogs, that utilize both granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form and granite/ui/components/foundation/form widgets, that don't have errors.

Sarah

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I didn't find any document on this but though I know by heart coral2 datepicker, multifield pathbrowser also don't work properly.

I'll suggest from now onwards you can start using latest components, which is coral3/granite.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Sarah,

we have two set of coral components for touch UI.

Coral2 - granite/ui/components/foundation/form/numberfield

Coral3/Granite - granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/numberfield

Coral3/Granite is recommended to use. Coral3 is upgrade of Coral2.

Welcome to Granite UI’s documentation! — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Thanks Arun. Is there any documentation on what coral2 components will not work with coral3 components? We have other coral2 components in the same dialog tab (like granite/ui/components/foundation/form/radiogroup), and those do not cause this error; only the coral2 numberfield causes the issue.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I didn't find any document on this but though I know by heart coral2 datepicker, multifield pathbrowser also don't work properly.

I'll suggest from now onwards you can start using latest components, which is coral3/granite.

Arun Patidar