Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

[AEM 6.3 Release] Announcing the Release of Adobe Experience Manager 6.3!!

Administrator

Hi Community

AEM 6.3 is released now.

Please find below some of the important links/features/references related to AEM 6.3.

What's New in Adobe Experience Manager 6.3

Digital Foundation

Content Fragments: Authoring of content in a more modular and abstracted fashion, where content delivery is not bound to channel.

Production-ready components: Faster time-to-market with Adobe-vetted, production-ready components based on best practices.

Activity maps: Analytics overlays right within the authoring environment for easier visualization of data and quicker optimization of digital experiences.

Bulk workflow: Increased productivity with faster workflow-related tasks and ability to process multiple items in one click.

Managed services CI/CD framework: Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) framework to enable smooth process flow and deployment flexibility. 

Enhanced community offering: Improved search, gamification framework with data science and additional scoring elements, and moderation and spam filtering capabilities to foster an engaging community.

Community ideation: New community engagement mode to source and surface the best ideas crowd-sourced from the community.

Connected Experience

Experience fragments: Composition and delivery of experiences to both owned web properties and affiliated properties, like Pinterest and Facebook.

Multi-brand and multi-channel Forms authoring: Easily create and update multi-brand forms and maintain consistency across.

Simplified integration framework: Brands can now easily integrate their existing backend and third-party applications with Experience Manager Forms Data Model.

Enhanced Adobe Sign integration: Capture and track the transaction via Adobe Sign.

Mobile worker solution: Deliver adaptive forms on mobile web and app that support HTML5 inputs.

Enhanced workflow and document management: Author Forms, manage personalized correspondence documents, and organizational workflows using the same Experience Manager UI and leveraging the one platform.

Content service: Light-weight way to access structured content and assets from Experience Manager that can be reused within any endpoint that requires different layout and templates, e.g., smart watch, mobile apps, and IoT.

Enhanced reliability and scalability of screens: Support for larger scale Screens deployment with additional redundancy, performance and resilience improvements.

Experience-driven Commerce

Managed services basic edition: Experience-driven Commerce is now available on Managed Services Basic HR for retail, consumer products and branded manufacturers.

Production-ready commerce components: Accelerate time to market and reduce implementation costs with new production-ready commerce components.

Store solutions: New partnerships and integrations extend Experience Manager into the storewith Square POS, Toshiba Store Solutions, Fujitsu, DisplayData.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni
11 Replies

Level 3

I just read the article...pretty exciting stuff!

I love the new Content Tree feature, that'll be great for authors to quickly find components to edit them (rather than try to find them on the page, especially if they're hidden).

Also, did anyone catch the announcement that Adobe is doing away with Classic UI in April 2019?

Administrator

jessielouthan wrote...

I just read the article...pretty exciting stuff!

I love the new Content Tree feature, that'll be great for authors to quickly find components to edit them (rather than try to find them on the page, especially if they're hidden).

Yes, really nice features introduced.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Employee

Hi,

I have started developing on AEM 6.3 but there are some dependency issues. The package com.adobe.cq.sightly is not resolved in aem 6.3 felix console. It gives error like this 

com.adobe.cq.sightly com.adobe.cq.sightly,version=[3.1,4) -- Cannot be resolved

I am using a class which extends WCMUsePojo. I have also included uber.jar in the pom.

Can you point me to if there is some change here in 6.3 for this. Is it that it now allows only sling models to use ?

Regards,

Administrator

sama51272476 wrote...

Hi,

I have started developing on AEM 6.3 but there are some dependency issues. The package com.adobe.cq.sightly is not resolved in aem 6.3 felix console. It gives error like this 

com.adobe.cq.sightly com.adobe.cq.sightly,version=[3.1,4) -- Cannot be resolved

I am using a class which extends WCMUsePojo. I have also included uber.jar in the pom.

Can you point me to if there is some change here in 6.3 for this. Is it that it now allows only sling models to use ?

Regards,

Hi Sam

I would request you to please create a new question post at help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manager.html

This thread is not intended to solve AEM 6.3 related problems. Please create a new thread for the questions.

Thanks for being great AEM community member.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi,

Is there any new documentation about the Content Service functionality that will be available in 6.3? The only link I could find was this: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-3/develop/mobile-apps/content-services.html but on the page it says:

"The Content Services feature is documented for preview purposes only.

It is subject to change with the release of 6.3 GA Service Pack 1."

It would be great to see any other documentation about this!

Thanks

Theo

Administrator

Theo Nicolaou wrote...

Hi,

Is there any new documentation about the Content Service functionality that will be available in 6.3? The only link I could find was this: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-3/develop/mobile-apps/content-services.html but on the page it says:

"The Content Services feature is documented for preview purposes only.

It is subject to change with the release of 6.3 GA Service Pack 1."

It would be great to see any other documentation about this!

Thanks

Theo

I have asked documentation team to have a look at this one.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

Hi

We already have documentation enhancement request for this.

Would keep you posted with the news.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Thank you, I look forward to seeing the documentation!

In the meantime I was hoping to install AEM 6.3 SP1 but I can't find it anywhere - is there an ETA of when it will be available?

Thanks

Theo

Community Advisor

Hi, 

Working on content services POC, but not getting enough information from available documentation. 

Can you please provide further updates on content service documentation. 

Regards, 

Nitin j

Administrator

nitinl wrote...

Hi, 

Working on content services POC, but not getting enough information from available documentation. 

Can you please provide further updates on content service documentation. 

Regards, 

Nitin j

The current available documentation is  https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-3/develop/mobile-apps/content-services.html 

More information about it would be released with later Service Pack/FP.

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Thanks for updates. 

Do we have any time line on release of service pack/FP. 

Regards, 

NitinJ