Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.3 Publisher instance not starting

Level 1

Good afternoon all.

I wonder if anyone has experienced a similar problem, and identified the root cause and solution.

We have a cron job scheduled to run each night, to execute a script, which shuts down our AEM instance, perform an offline backup, before finally restarting the AEM instance.

One one particular night, the restart failed.  The only error message I can find in the stdout.log on this night was

Error: JMX connector server communication error: service:jmx:rmi://<HOST_NAME>:8463

Could anyone offer any help please?

3 Replies

Level 3

Can you attach little more log, before and after ur script trigger. Also did the backup succeed?

Level 1

I have, albeit inadvertently managed to recreate the issue, which caused the error

Error: JMX connector server communication error: service:jmx:rmi://<HOST_NAME>:8463

The message was slightly misleading, as the problem seems to be that port 8463 was still listening, when the AEM instance tried to restart after the backup process had failed, due to a full file system.

Having cleared down the file system, we have not seen a re-occurrence of the issue.