Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.3 Parent pom available instead of using uber-jar?

Level 3

Hi,

we usually have used a "AEM 6.x parent pom" for our projects, which we have created manually. This AEM parent pom defined simply the correct versions of the needed depedencies for the specific AEM version. Currently the "uber-jar" approach is the way to manage these AEM dependencies as far as I have seen. But this approach actually breaks the idea of managing transparently the dependencies in your project. As a developer I would like to have the control over my dependencies during development and be sure to access the correct versions of some classes. The uber-jar is acutally thought to use it in runtime scenarios, where you want to deliver your application with all the needed dependencies included.

I would appreciate to have some official Adobe AEM 6.x parent poms, which we can reference from our projects.

What do you think about that and is there any such parent pom already available?

3 Replies

Level 3

Is actually the same question as here: forums.adobe.com/message/9573597

Level 3

Thanks Feike Visser​, but as I have seen so far they also use this uber-jar, see in the parent pom of the project.