Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.3 - Maven build is successful but still doesn't install content

Level 4

I am facing this weird issue where the maven build is successful but the content inside /apps,/etc, /conf doesn't gets installed. These are some of the use cases when this issue occurs:

1) Create a component in CRXde, export it to local filesystem using vlt up. Delete the component in CRXde. Do a maven build. No component present in CRXde. Although it is seen in the zip file created under target folder.

2) Checkout the project from git on a machine that doesn't have the project setup. Do a maven build. Only the folder structure will be seen in CRXde.

Some information about the project

-- Created a new project using lazybones

-- No changes to pom.xml made yet

-- Maven verison 3.5.0 and AEM 6.3 is being used.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I am not opposing File Vault but the best way to sync AEM and Eclipse is using AEM Eclipse Plugin.

Yes, Look here : Getting Started with AEM Sites Part 2 - Creating a Base Page and Template

There you will see how to sync between AEM and Eclipse using AEM Eclipse Plugin.

Hope this helps!!

~Ratna

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Level 4

I get your point Ratna. Not sure if it is the specific version of filevault that is causing the issue to happen. But I have tried it on different machines and it caused the same issue. I am definitely going to use AEM plugin to sync. Thanks for the help smacdonald2008Rajashankar​ and Ratna Kumar

Level 10

Hi,

Did you get this working..

See the WKND tutorial which I have pointed out. You can do very easily using Eclipse AEM plugin by "Import from Server". See the below screenshot.

Import.png

Hope this helps!!

~Ratna.

Level 4

Yeah, I got working with AEM Eclipse plugin yesterday. Finally decided not to use filevault. Thank you.