Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.3 Image Map Tools Customization

Adobe Champion

Hi everyone,

We are trying to customize the available fields in the image map tools, provided in AEM 6.3 Touch UI. In particular, we are trying to add new fields, remove some of the old ones (and of course ensure the new fields are persisted accordingly.

The problem is that any existing information on the topic (e.g. Re: How to customize Image Map Tools in Image component or Re: Overlaying Image Map functionality  ) are referring to Classic UI (answers provided by smacdonald2008​ ).

Is there a specific extension point for Touch UI to allow the image map UI customization? So far the only way we found is via editing /libs/clientlibs/granite/coralui2/js/coral.js, which is obvioulsy not wanted for various reasons.

Best regards & thank you in advance,

Kimon

5 Replies

Administrator

I have asked the internal Assets expert to have a look at this one.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

That thread i answered was a few years ago. As Kautuk mentioned - we will see if there is an updated way to perform this use case.

Level 3

Hi,

Have you found any solution for customizing the Image Map Tools in AEM 6.3. Is there any Adobe helpx docs detailing on this use case?

Regards,

Ruben Fernando

Level 2

Hi,

I have a similar use case. Any update how it can be achieved in touch UI.

Community Advisor

Hi

you managed to overlay JS or did you find any other solution?

Thanks

Dipti