Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.2 with Mongo

Level 1

Hello, We are evaluating AEM 6.2 with Mongo has the Node Store and currently seeing a performance hit. Just wanted to find out if there are any successful implementations and the consideration factors.

We are having a Mongo clustered environment with 1 primary and 3 secondaries with 1 arbitrar where the primary and secondaries are in different AWS regions. We have 3 instances of author each resides in separate AWS regions. Each author instance is configured to read from the Mongo secondaries associated with its respective AWS region, so that it can have better reads from the nearest mongo and reduce latency. For write operations it still have to come to write to the primary which is in a different AWS region. The latency from Author to Monogo in its own regions are less than 1 millisecond where as the latency from Author to the primary mongo is around 100 milliseconds. 

There is a checklist on Adobe saying the latency should be less than 2 milliseconds from Author to Mongo nodes. 

Is there any one implemented in a similar fashion?

Since we have a geo distributed team we would like to have better access from our regional sites and that is one of the main reason why we thought of considering mongo with a clustered approach. For getting this geo distributed set up are there any alternatives?

Thanks,
Sandeep

2 Replies

Level 10

For these types of pre-sales questions - I recommend talking to the sales team - who will have technical reps that have answered these types of questions. There are different factors and considerations. They will help you. 

Administrator

Hi 

I had a discussion with internal team, please find below the things discussed:-

Engineering team is aware of this fact, we have couple of bugs open which could be part of 6.3 release which would improve Mongo Author Cluster's performance.

You Should Contact with daycare, so support will provide more in-depth advice.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni