Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.2 | Touch UI Multifield Component

Level 4

Hi All,

For touch ui dialog with multifield, values are not getting saved in dialog, although the same get saved in crx.

Thanks,

Manisha

12 Replies

Level 10

Hi Manisha,

Please check this HELPX community article for Multifield in AEM 6.2 Touch UI.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an AEM 6.2 HTML Template Language component that uses a Mul...

Also, please install ACS commons to make sure that works!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 4

Which version of acs commons is required?

can I directly install the package, or have to deploy via maven dependency?

Level 10

Hi Manisha,

You can download the latest ACS Commons package which is located in this URL: Adobe AEM Commons - In this page - click on "Download the AEM package".

You can directly install the package in package manager and not to deploy via maven dependency.

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 4

I tried installing this version

acs-aem-commons-content-3.14.8. from https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons/releases

But still it did not work

Do I need to install some other version or do i need to restrt the instance

ACS AEM Commons 3.14.8

Level 10

Are you following the HELPX article which I have mentioned in previous comment? Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an AEM 6.2 HTML Template Language component that uses a Mul...

Also, please clear the cache to reflect the changes.

Community Advisor

Hi Manisha,

Make a check on the below points to see if your multifield is able to hold values in the dialog:

-  ACS Commons bundle is active in your instance.

- fieldset(granite/ui/components/foundation/form/fieldset) node under multifield(granite/ui/components/foundation/form/multifield) node has property "acs-commons-nested" set to blank as follows.

acs-commons-muti.png

Reference: Creating an AEM HTML Template Language 6.3 component that uses a Multifield

http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/touchui-multifield-component-using-htl/

Level 4

Hi,

The bundle acs commons is in active state.

1423030_pastedImage_0.png

I too have added the property suggested.But still the value is not persisted in dialog

<usersubmenu

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

jcr:title="User Submenu"

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/section">

<layout

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/layouts/fixedcolumns"/>

<items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">

<tab

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/container">

<usersubmenudetails

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/multifield"

class="full-width"

fieldDescription="Click 'Add field' to add a new User Submenu title and links"

fieldLabel="User Submenu Items">

<field

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/fieldset"

acs-commons-nested="&quot;&quot;"

name="./myUserSubmenu">

<layout

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/layouts/fixedcolumns"

method="absolute"/>

<column

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/container">

<title

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield"

fieldDescription="Enter User Submenu title"

fieldLabel="User Submenu Title"

name="./title"/>

<subtitle

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield"

fieldDescription="Enter User Submenu subtitle"

fieldLabel="User Submenu SubTitle"

name="./subtitle"/>

</items>

</column>

</items>

</field>

</usersubmenudetails>

Level 10

Hi Manisha,

There might be the issue with the local instance.

I would suggest deploy both the packages i.e., content package and ACS commons paclage which is mentioned in the article on fresh local instance and try it.

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Community Advisor

HI Manisha,

In the process of editing multifield (like hit on add field), see if you get any console errors. if yes, please do share the snapshot.

Level 1

Hello All,

Anyone got any solution for this issue. Same thing is happening with us as well. We have created Multi field components on dev environment , On dev environment these multifield components is working fine. When deployed these components on AMS  cloud these components are not working. As mentioned in this post , dialog is taking values from users but doesn't store in repository and resulting empty JSON to  WCMUsePojo.java

We have also tried to  installed ACS common 3.17.0  - 3.17.4 but no luck.

We are currently on AEM 6.3 SP 2

Thanks,

Tushar