Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.2 - Salesforce Integration

Level 1

Hi guys,

We are currently integrating AEM (Version - 6.2 SP1) with Salesforce to manage Contacts (in Salesforce). I am able to create a connected app, retrieve access/ refresh tokens and perform CRUD operations to manipulate Salesforce Contacts in author and publish instances (through cloud services configuration). But the configuration is dependent on a single callback URL (either author/publish). In a production setup, we will be having an ELB with multiple dispatchers and publish instances. If a Salesforce Callback URL is associated with a single callback URL and loads only one instance, there is a risk of other publish instances not having the same access / refresh tokens.

One potential solution - is to specifically configure Virtual Proxy to associate which dispatcher/publish instances will be called, but if a dispatcher/publish instance is down and a new server is spun up, then the virtual IP will be updated and this setup will break.

Is there a better way to approach this scenario? To have the same Salesforce configuration in place for all the publish instances with a single callback URL?

Thanks,

Iniya

5 Replies

Level 1

Thank you, Scott. I have already done the Salesforce integration part and currently able to manipulate Salesforce contacts. Since salesforce connected app has a single callback URL, the access/refresh token gets loaded only into one instance post validation. I'm looking for a solution to load multiple publish instances with proper configuration.

Level 1

Hi Iniyar

Did you find a solution to the issue you had. We are also integrating AEM with salesforce and I have a few questions in regards to that .

1. Do we need to create salesforce cloud config on author and publish separately and validate from each of the environments?

I tried to create the cloud config on author and then use it on publish after activation but it didn't work that way .

2. If I authenticate the cloud config from each environment, we would have to change the call back URL initially every time we do it for different environments. But once done it will generate the access/refresh token for that environment. Once access token gets expired it can be generated by using the refresh token. So working with multiple publishers should not be an issue after each server gets validated once and has an access/refresh token.

Level 1

hi @iniyar @Meenu_Kumari ,
did you find any solution for this?
if so, can you point me in the right direction. im a little bit lost
thanks in advance.

i could not find anything on the link you shared @smacdonald2008