Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

View all

Sign in to view all badges

AEM 6.2 '+' rendered instead of '%20'

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 2
bmccurdy1
Level 2

Likes

8 likes

Total Posts

13 posts

Correct Reply

3 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Give Back 3
Give Back
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 2
bmccurdy1
Level 2

Likes

8 likes

Total Posts

13 posts

Correct Reply

3 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Give Back 3
Give Back
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile
bmccurdy1
Level 2

28-03-2017

I'm curious if anyone has seen this behavior where spaces are rendered as '+' in the path to assets and pages instead of '%20'. While working on a client's site I noticed several broken images and links, all had spaces in either the path and/or file name and the page rendered these as +. In other words, 'Hello World.png' became 'Hello+World.png'. While looking through code, I found a custom method that looks for the occurrence of this and replaces the '+' back to '%20'. Obviously, some links/components are not using this method. 

  When I asked about it I was told that it is a known problem that Adobe is releasing a hotfix for. I've worked on several client sites using CQ5.5 to AEM 6+ and have not experienced this specific issue, unless someone before me was handling it in a sling filter somewhere. 

 

Anyway, just curious if anyone has seen this before or if it truly is a known issue in AEM that i somehow have seemed to have never experienced over the years.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 2
bmccurdy1
Level 2

Likes

8 likes

Total Posts

13 posts

Correct Reply

3 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Give Back 3
Give Back
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 2
bmccurdy1
Level 2

Likes

8 likes

Total Posts

13 posts

Correct Reply

3 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Give Back 3
Give Back
Boost 5
Boost 3
View profile
bmccurdy1
Level 2

28-03-2017

Ok, so I found the issue. Its not an aem thing. deep in their code they are using the java URLEncode object which by default translates the spaces to '+'.  When they are encoding the url they have a check for spaces but appears it is failing on that.

Answers (0)