Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.2 eCommerce Connector

Level 10

Hi all,

In my system, AEM needs to connect with Oracle Commerce using AEM eCommerce Connector. on 6.2.

Trying to understand the high level steps on AEM side to achieve this.

I saw the Helpx article "Creating custom Adobe Experience Manager 6.2 ecommerce providers", but this creates a new eCommerce Connector and so is not suitable to me.

Pl suggest whether AEM connecting with Oracle Commerce using AEM eCommerce Connector is technically feasible and how to estimate.

My understanding is that the Connector offers some components like Shopping Cart out of the box and we just need to configure/customize them.

Any steps to be taken on Oracle side for this integration, or no such steps are required as long as Oracle offers Restful web services?

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

4 Replies

Level 10

Someone kindly reply to my post.

I am looking for instructions to connect AEM with Oracle Commerce using AEM eCommerce Connector.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi all,

I am looking in to the following URL to understand the eCommerce Integration concept:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/administering/using/concepts.html

I see the following note in this URL.

The eCommerce framework can be used with any eCommerce solution; including:

hybris - see AEM with hybris

IBM - see AEM with IBM Websphere Commerce

Elastic Path - see AEM with Elastic Path

Intershop - see AEM with Intershop

Demandware - see AEM with Demandware

Agility Multichannel - see Agility PIM and AEM

Infield Design - see AEM eCommerce With Magento

I do not see Oracle Commerce in the above list.

But eConnector is eCommerce Provider agnostic correct?

This ties back to my original question of whether AEM connecting with Oracle Commerce using AEM eCommerce Connector is technically feasible in the first place.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi all,

I am seeing a lot of material and video/tutorials on the other side of my question, ie, how to create an eCommerce Provider, but not on how use an existing eCommerce Provider (other than Hybris).

Someone, kindly respond ASAP.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

If community does not respond here - we asked the team - please open a ticket. THere is not a lot of how to documents in this area - which is part of the issue.