1. How to know what all templates used by AEM 6.2 eCommerce Connector?
If we want to stick to its out of box templates, please confirm that we do not need to create any templates of our own.
2. Does it use any workflows?
The URL, Concepts does not address these two aspects.
Appreciate your support.
Adobe provides integrations to hybis, IBM WebSphere and Salesforce Commerce Cloud. All integrations are based on the Commerce Integration Framework and are a good starting point for projects.
Other integrations (example Elasticpath, Commercetools, Digital River, Magento, Symphony, etc) are available and managed by the commerce vendor.
What platform are you interested in?
Keep in mind: Every integration is a starting point that provides a mapping between the commerce vendor and our API. Part of the implementation work on the project is to take this integration and customize it to meet the project's requirements. The level of customization depends on the project.
What kind of workflows do you mean, do you have any examples? The integration is built that it can be consumed in workflows but because these workflows are very customer specific, we don't provide them ootb.
Thanks for responding.
I am stuck with the fundamentals of eCommerce Connector.
Raised a forum post https://forums.adobe.com/message/10111350#10111350 and got reply that documentation does not exist for this. On seeing no traction on that post, I raised this post as an extension.
1. What is the difference in work between integrating AEM with any eCommerce engine directly and that using Connector? What is the advantage? Any effort reduction?
2. I am hearing "Connector will save time to import data in AEM from any eCommerce". Is it true?
3. One advantage I see is that if we use connector, integration becomes eCommerce engine agnostic, in that we could replace the underneath eCommerce engine with another, without changing code at connector level.
4. Is it that if we use connector, we need to implement some functions on AEM?
5. And these functions are implemented by Adobe for some products like Hybris and not for others?
6. Does that mean that connecting Hybris using Connector, we do not need any more coding?
7. For connecting Oracle Commerce using Connector, the implementation does not exist and we need to implement them?
8. At a high level, what are the steps for connecting Oracle Commerce using Connector?
I agree that it is all requirements specific.
But, I am referring to a typical use case.
9. As a part of this, do I have to cater for development/configuration of any Templates and Workflows?
10. An architectural diagram depicting the architecture of integration of AEM with Commerce using Connector, with responsibilities bifurcated between developer ,Connector and eCommerce Engine vendor clarifies a lot.
Apologies for this number of questions.
Appreciate your support.
I would request you to create a separate questions for you followup asks. It helps in tracking and also make content searchable.
Appreciate your help here.
For Q1, I would say the integration framework includes an integration layer with an API. This allows you to:
Connectors will allow you easy to integrate(pull/push the data). You can always go for direct way as per your custom requirement,