Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.2 DAM - Create custom language root folders.

Level 2

Hi folks,

Currently I am working in a business requirement to create in the DAM a language folder structure with some language that can be different from default ones.

To give you an example, the following are some language folder that we want to support.  The last column corresponds to the ISO code.

L1

English

en

L2

Arabic

ar

L2

Czech

cz

L2

Danish

da

L2

Dutch

de

L2

English - APJ

en-apj

L2

English - EMEA

en-emea

L2

English - Latam

en-latam

I already started creating this structure and I noticed out that the en-apj, en-emea and en-latam under my DAM folder project are not recognized like valid language roots. And for this reason, in the Target dropdownlist on the "Create Structure OOTB workflow" I can not see this folders.  (See attached)

DAM setup.PNG

dam-language-region.PNG

So, I wonder if there is an OSGi configuration / any configuration where I can add this custom languages.  It will be good also to know feature implications having this custom locales in the DAM.

I also know the location of the implementation that returns the language in the target dropdownlist:

/libs/dam/gui/components/admin/datasources/assetlanguagecopy/translatelanguages/translatelanguages.jsp

I reading the code, it seems that the DamLanguageUtil.getLanguageRoots method  should return the valid language roots.  But, if some configuration exist to allow this language-regional folders will be very good for us.  Or maybe, the ISO codes that we provided there are not correct.   The idea is we want to differentiate between English from US, english from Europe, etc.

Please let me know any suggestion or comment about this.

Thanks!

1 Reply