Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.2 classic : OOTB workflow mail template doesn't give proper data for workflow completed notification.

Level 8

Hi All,

I have created a test workflow, which just has 1 "participant step" as seen below. Also, to the OOTB template "/etc/workflow/notification/email/default/en.txt/", we jsut have added additional ${item.data.comment} to get the comments.

1] While triggering workflow on the page, if any comments are provided they do not appear in the participant step. For this, by adding custom process code we are able to get the comments in email.

if (processArgs.equalsIgnoreCase("custom")){

if(workflowData.getMetaDataMap().containsKey("startComment")){

workflowMetaData.put("comment", workflowData.getMetaDataMap().get("startComment"));

}

}

2] Additional info : While moving from one participant step to another[tested in another sample workflow], all the properties in the OOTB template gets populated fine in email, without issues.

3] After providing the approval from this participant step, WorkflowCompleted mail is triggered. This does not have values for two properties properly :

Step: [Information not available]

CustomComment : ${item.data.comment}

Not sure, how to get these two properties too, populated correctly in the WorkflowCompleted  that is triggered on workflow completion.

Any thoughts/pointers/reference code will be really helpful.

Capture.PNG

6 Replies

Level 8

Hi All,

Any thoughts/pointers will be helpful.

Level 8

Had missed out adding this info.

The above is true, even for WorkflowAborted mails.

Level 10

Let me get this straight - when you have a simple workflow with a few steps - the comments appear fine in the email. But when you put in an Approve step - and if approved the comments are lost.

Level 10

This could be a bug that has never been seen. I recommend opening a ticket. The comment value should be retained throughout the entire workflow.

Level 8

Hi Scott,

ok, looks like we need to open a daycare ticket here. Will update this thread in couple of days.

Level 3

Does anyone have an update on [Information not available]?  This is still an issue on 6.5.