Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.1 upgrade issue from AEM 5.6.1 with bootstrap.properties

Former Community Member

Hello,

We are currently migrating AEM 5.6.1 to AEM 6.1. For v5.6.1, the repository directory had been created inside a custom directory with bootstrap.properties file in place. For this, the v5.6.1 is working fine. Now whilst upgrading to v6.1, I am getting an error in the command line after executing the command "java -jar -Xmx1200m -XX:MaxPermSize=300M aem-quickstart-6.1.0.jar -v -x crx2oak" (the step to generate the OSGi configuration for the data migration)

The Error is-

13.10.2015 13:06:08.527 *INFO*  [com.adobe.granite.crx2oak.quickstart.extension.Main] Main.java:201  Using crx2oak.properties file from <winCQDirPath>\author\crx-quickstart\crx2oak\crx2oak.properties to generate OSGi configurations for migration.
13.10.2015 13:06:08.535 *ERROR* [com.adobe.granite.crx2oak.quickstart.extension.Main] Main.java:360  Unable to detect a CRX2 repository configuration
at <winCQDirPath>\author\crx-quickstart\repository\repository.xml
MAIN process: shutdown hook
MAIN process: exiting

Now it is apparent that the upgrade process is not able to find the repository.xml file, even though the bootstrap.properties is in place.Can anyone please suggest how to overcome this issue ? Some information about our upgrade process

1. We are using the JAR based installation upgrade

2. We are following the upgrade steps given in https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/upgrade.html

3. Without custom repository configuration (no boorstrap.properties), the upgrade process is working fine.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply

Level 10

the upgrade from crx2 to crx3 doesnt work with the custom as the tool will not be aware of the customization when it has to upgrade from crx2 to oak !!. Also Oak doesnt have repository.xml so it wont understand about the customization when it tries changing it.

2 options I can think of

1. Upgrade with crx2 itself so the repository.xml and custom will also work

2. Upgrade removing the customization and then try seeing how the customization can be done once its upgraded.