Highlighted

AEM 6.1 to 6.3 in place upgrade issue

Dineshkumar_L

17-08-2018

Hi All,

I am upgrading AEM 6.1 to 6.3 and encountered some issue along the way.

Content migration process:

java -Xmx4096m -jar cq-publish-p4503.jar -v -x crx2oak -xargs -- --load-profile segment-no-ds

Upgrade command:

java -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m -jar aem6-author-p4502.jar -Dsling.run.modes=author,crx3,crx3tar

Below is the log error:

...

...

17.08.2018 15:50:04.542 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] com.day.cq.compat.codeupgrade.impl.StatusNode /var/upgrade/status/Cq60MSMContentUpgrade does not exist, upgrade needed

17.08.2018 15:50:04.542 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] com.adobe.cq.upgradesexecutor.Activator UPGRADE TASK STARTING: Cq60MSMContentUpgrade

17.08.2018 15:50:08.454 *WARN* [FelixStartLevel] com.day.cq.compat.codeupgrade.impl.cq60.Cq60MSMContentUpgrade Exception in Cq60MSMContentUpgrade.run()

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The query read or traversed more than 100000 nodes. To avoid affecting other tasks, processing was stopped.

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query.FilterIterators.checkReadLimit(FilterIterators.java:66)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor.fetchNext(Cursors.java:324)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.query.Cursors$TraversingCursor.next(Cursors.java:303)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query.ast.SelectorImpl.next(SelectorImpl.java:422)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query.QueryImpl$RowIterator.fetchNext(QueryImpl.java:839)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query.QueryImpl$RowIterator.hasNext(QueryImpl.java:864)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.query.QueryResultImpl$4.fetch(QueryResultImpl.java:181)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.query.QueryResultImpl$4.next(QueryResultImpl.java:207)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.query.QueryResultImpl$4.next(QueryResultImpl.java:170)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate$SynchronizedIterator.next(SessionDelegate.java:703)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.query.PrefetchIterator.next(PrefetchIterator.java:88)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.iterator.RangeIteratorAdapter.next(RangeIteratorAdapter.java:152)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.iterator.RangeIteratorDecorator.next(RangeIteratorDecorator.java:92)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.iterator.NodeIteratorAdapter.nextNode(NodeIteratorAdapter.java:80)

at com.day.cq.compat.codeupgrade.impl.cq60.Cq60MSMContentUpgrade.changeDeletedLiveRelationships(Cq60MSMContentUpgrade.java:118)

at com.day.cq.compat.codeupgrade.impl.cq60.Cq60MSMContentUpgrade.doUpgrade(Cq60MSMContentUpgrade.java:93)

at com.day.cq.compat.codeupgrade.impl.AbstractCodeUpgradeTask.run(AbstractCodeUpgradeTask.java:64)

at com.adobe.cq.upgradesexecutor.Activator.runUpgradeTasks(Activator.java:350)

at com.adobe.cq.upgradesexecutor.Activator.finishUpgradeExecution(Activator.java:220)

at com.adobe.cq.upgradesexecutor.Activator.start(Activator.java:170)

at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:697)

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:2227)

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2145)

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1372)

at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:308)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

17.08.2018 15:50:08.454 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] com.adobe.cq.upgradesexecutor.Activator UPGRADE TASK FAILED: Cq60MSMContentUpgrade

17.08.2018 15:50:08.455 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] com.day.cq.compat.codeupgrade.impl.StatusNode /var/upgrade/status/Cq61CloudServicesContentUpgrade does not exist, upgrade needed

...

...

17.08.2018 15:51:21.901 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] com.adobe.cq.upgradesexecutor.Activator UPGRADE TASK DONE: CqMergeBackupUpgrade

17.08.2018 15:51:21.902 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] com.adobe.cq.upgradesexecutor.Activator UPGRADE FINISHED: 24 CodeUpgradeTasks executed , 1 CodeUpgradeTasks failed (out of 25), total time about 77 seconds

Any pointers please? It would be helpful to resolve the above failed task.

Thanks,

Dinesh kumar L

Replies

Highlighted

Ravi_Pampana

MVP

18-08-2018

Hi,

I saw similar error after upgraded to AEM 6.4 from AEM 6.2 and while running a service which searches nodes to find the search term/property.

Whenever the query traversed more than 100000 nodes it will stop the query by throwing above error.

In config manager http://<host>:<port>/system/console/configMgr, you can find below configuration

Apache Jackrabbit Query Engine Settings Service, which has the configuration set to 100000. If your search will be more than the default value, which is not desired, you can overwrite the configuration and increase the value to your desired value.

To overwrite, create a config : org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.query.QueryEngineSettingsService

Property (String): queryLimitReads

Value: Desired value

Note: I fixed it AEM 6.4

Hope this gives some idea about the issue you are facing.

Highlighted

Dineshkumar_L

22-08-2018

Hi Smacdonald,

Yes have followed the documentation. We followed the same steps in DEV and QA. But we encountered the above said error only in production.

Thanks,

Dinesh kumar L

Highlighted

Dineshkumar_L

22-08-2018

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the detailed steps. We have rolled back to AEM61 and tried the same steps again. For the second time, we could upgrade without any issues. We did not try the steps which you listed, as we tried the upgrade before getting your reply on this post. But, the steps which you mentioned are required in our case anyway to fix a component logic which traverses huge nodes to pull JCR content.

Regards,

Dinesh kumar L.

Highlighted

Dineshkumar_L

22-08-2018

Yes the issue is resolved now. We have just tried the upgrade second time with the same steps what we tried for the first time.