Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.1 - OSGi component gets deleted when stopped

Level 4

Hello,

I am facing an issue in AEM 6.1. When I am trying to stop any (library or custom build) OSGi component, it gets deleted. It comes back when I restart the instance which is not a good option for higher environment for e.g production. I never faced this issue in AEM 5.6.1.

Thanks.

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I am using AEM6.1 and never seen this issue before.
Did you check your Logs and what did it say.

Thanks,
Ratna Kumar.

Level 4

This is not standard fuctiobality. I suggest testing this on a clean CQ server. 

Level 4

Hi Steve,

I tried it on a clean CQ server this time. Please see attached screen-shot. In screen-shot-1 you will see an OSGi component referrerFilter (with id 3). I stopped this component and see attached screen-shot-2 where this component is missing.

Thanks.

Administrator

I can reproduce this issue on AEM 6.1.

please create a customer care ticket for the same at Link:- https://daycare.day.com/public/contact.html

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

Hi 

I just came to know this from one of the recent post on the forum that "It doesn't disappear rather it looses its Id. re-sort the list by clicking on 'Id' and you should see that component in the disabled list. You can now enable back again!".

Please check it at your end and confirm us.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Hi Kautuk,

I tried it again, I didn't see the component in the list again. I tried to find that component in the list but didn't see; tried to sort the list with id; no luck.