Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe S7 Batch Set Preset for files that are case-insensitive

Level 1

Fellow Experts!

I have been scratching my head around this one.

I've created a custom batch preset with the following naming convention regex:

([a-zA-Z0-9]+_[a-zA-Z0-9]+)_(?!SW)(?!sw)([a-zA-Z0-9]+)

I have the following naming conventions:

TEST5LEIG45SUE_BLA_1.JPG

TEST5LEIG45SUE_BLA_7.JPG

TEST5LEIG45SUE_Bla_9.JPG

TEST5LEIG45SUE_BLA_SW.JPG

These images are uploaded via the SPS dashboard, with the batch option selected to run.

Notice the Bla and BLA... unfortunately due to different sources naming these, there are times where some will be named and uploaded with camel case and uppercase. While I know the simple answer is just enforce all of them to be upper case, but the regex in question should account for case-insensitive.

What I can't figure out is that the above creates two sets of image sets once its applied.

TEST5LEIG45SUE_BLA_is

TEST5LEIG45SUE_Bla_is

I can't figure out how to go about this... any tips or guidance or is this a limitation of S7's batch process?

Rick

3 Replies

Level 10

We are checking this with the product team.

Level 10

The response from the team:

The Batch Set Presets are behaving as expected.  The issue is that the Base Name for these images does not match.  When an image is processed by a Batch Set Preset, it first determines if the image should be included in any set.  That is evaluated as true if the image name is a match for the defined 'Match' regular expression.  Next, it determines which set to put that image into by calculating the Base Name property.  For the below regular expression, that would be the portion defined by this code:

([a-zA-Z0-9]+_[a-zA-Z0-9]+)

Images that have the exact same Base Name property are grouped together into the same set.  For the example images listed below, the calculated Base Name properties for each would be:

TEST5LEIG45SUE_BLA
TEST5LEIG45SUE_BLA
TEST5LEIG45SUE_Bla
TEST5LEIG45SUE_BLA

The images with the Base Name 'TEST5LEIG45SUE_BLA' are grouped into one set, while the image with the base name 'TEST5LEIG45SUE_Bla' is grouped into a different set.

Thanks,

Level 1

Thank you for the response. I would argue that they are same base name unless Adobe S7 Media Manager is strictly case sensitive. In which case then yes, the BLA vs Bla would be considered as two unique base names.

Understood, we'll need to ensure casing is a factor when uploading to S7.

Thank you