Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Managed Services vs. Self-Hosting AEM - Pros & Cons | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Adobe Managed Services vs. Self-Hosting AEM - Pros & Cons by jetteroheller

Abstract

“Where should I host AEM? Should I keep it in our datacenter, or put it in the cloud, or perhaps at a dedicated hosting provider? And Adobe really is pushing me to use Adobe Managed Services to host my Experience Manager install. Are they any good?”

Being the centerpiece of the most complicated pieces of marketing infrastructure in the world, Adobe Experience Manager can be a real challenge to architect, deploy, and integrate. Everyone’s got a solution to pitch to you. “Everyone should go to the Cloud!” “Run it in containers!” “Let Adobe manage it for you!” However, with these folks each proclaiming that their solution is a one-size-fits-all, it’s important to consider the most fundamental decision you’ll make in setting up Adobe Experience Manager:

Do I buy a license from Adobe and then host AEM myself (either on-premise or in the cloud), or do I sign a contract with Adobe Managed Services and have them run my AEM infrastructure for me?

There are a lot of factors to consider, and they have to do not just with technical capabilities in AEM itself, but also with your current (and ideal!) deployment process, the personnel you have available to you now, and all of the many other things you might need your AEM system to talk to.

But first – urgent disclaimer! As an AEM Architect that specializes in AEM infrastructure, I do currently work for a company (ICF Next) that has an amazing, automation-rich, managed AEM hosting service that runs in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform. I also consult on other cloud & on-premise AEM infrastructures, and it’s my job to set up great AEM infra that purrs like a kitten. So, that’s my skin in this game, and figured I’d get that out of the way while saying what I have to say, below.

Read Full Blog

Adobe Managed Services vs. Self-Hosting AEM - Pros & Cons

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies