Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe CQ5 development step by step

Level 2

Hi Team,

This is my starting of thread on adobe CQ development..... Please do subscribe,like & leave your important feedback to us...... I will be posting many more videos........... step by step on development in adobe CQ.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tILUYighF8A

Please let me know if you people find any flaws or any required edits in this video or if you want to suggest what all videos must be there. Your valuable feedback can make this beginning a big change in market for CQ.

14 Replies

Level 9

Hi ckj,

Thank you for starting this.

I was keen to understand client libraries and its usage. From the documentation, what I have understood is that it is nothing but a folder wherein you organize your js and css files .

Can you probably create a small demo, wherein by a small program we understand how exactly this clientlib thing works. That way I guess will be able to appreciate the concept better.

Level 10

A ClientLib folder simply stores JS/CSS files that an AEM page/component uses. 

To see an AEM that uses client libs that contain JS libs and CSS files -- see this article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/querying-experience-manager-data-using1.html

You can now even download and deploy a package with that article to see the app that uses the client lib in action. 

Level 2

Thanks for your reply,

I'll be sharing new video very soon with detailed steps to use clientlibs in any project, just stay connected with us and subscribe if you've not subscribed yet.

Keep posting your feedback, it's very much valuable.

Level 10

Do you have experience with AEM and eCommerce? 

Level 2

Hi Donald,

Yes, I've experience in AEM and ecom site too. I'll be posting videos on each of them but step by step. Please let me know your requirement.

My next video will be on extending the page component development by adding js,css etc & creating a small component to be used from sidekick(drag & drop).

Thanks,

Team CKJ

Level 10

Hey - my name is Scott, - I am the AEM community manager. I love your idea of doing an AEM youtube channel. If you want to do an eCommerce video for AEM - that will be great.

When you start posting/promoting some of you videos, we will help as well in order to reach a greater number of AEM community members. 

Level 2

Thanks Scott,

I'm obliged that you liked my idea,  I'll let you know whenever a new video on CQ will be posted. I'll be posting videos on ecom site from next week. Please share your feedback to improvise it and I'll try my best to keep videos concise and clear enough.

Regards,

Team CKJ

Level 9

Hi Ckj,

Thank you for your reply.

Waiting for your video on clientlibs explained with a simple example.

Level 2

Hi Scott & ASKDTCM,

I uploaded my second video for enhancing the page component to use css,js,images etc & also to use sidekick to use the application components in page.

I've also shown the component group creation in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJaXmMtZSCU  

Please check it out, try to provide as much views & subscribers and please share your valuable feedback.

I'll be posting ecommerce video this week.

Regards,

Team CKJ

Level 9

Hi Ckj,

Will check it out and let you know.

Level 7

Hi CKJ,

Extremely delighted to see this attempt from you to explain AEM things in a step by step manner.

One video or a set of step by step instructions are worth 1000 pages of monolithic documentation.

I have been looking for many topics to be explained like this.

1. The following URL explains creating a workflow and testing it. It would be good to have a workable set of instructions.

http://blogs.adobe.com/learningwem/2011/11/30/cq5-4-workflow-example-approve-reject-by-the-reviewer/...

a. It is for 5.4. Not sure that it works for 6.1.

b. If we create a user and add to Author group, he can not login, as the ACLs explained in this URL are not sufficient.

2. Responsive Site: A lot of confusion shrouds this topic. I myself raised many query posts on this.

We have two distinct roles UI developer and AEM developer and who does what to achieve this is one question.

You could start up with a simple site that could be rendered on 7-8 devices.

3. Personalization: Take a case study that the web site displays differently for 2-3 users, based on referrer attribute from Facebook or so.

4. Dispatcher: Tons of good documentation is available on this subject, but none step by step.

Do this change in dispatcher.any, come back to site and verify its effect. Like Filters, Vanity URLs, URL Redirection, etc

One example is using CUG. End to end simple CUG use case will help (including creation of CUG, adding people to it, dispatcher config and testing)

5. One more very useful functionality is in a single page, caching all  common sections like header, footer and fetching only the dynamic features from publish.

Generally, caching is done at page level, but ways of achieving like above were explained, but none step by step.

6. When you create videos the following helps.

a. A text version of it. Sometimes video may be too fast or network prevents playing.

b. A package, which is install-able and testable. Some people (like me) want to first look at functionality, understand the objective, and try.

Such people will first install the package and see this working, before doing it step by step.

I will be coming up with many such requirements.

I once again congratulate you with such a brilliant idea and thank you.

Also I run the risk of being labelled as one expecting too much.

Thanks,

Rama.

Community Advisor

Can you also provide us step by step videos on

1. Personalization

2. MSM

3. Integrating Site Catalyst

Level 7

Hi CKJ,

Let me elaborate on my expectations on MSM a bit.

MSM is used for two main categories: Mobile version and multi Geo version.

Let us stick to Multi Geo.

Let there be three Goes: EN, ES, FR.   EN could be the Master. So, content authoring is done in only in English, only once and on EN only.

ES remains the same as EN, except for language. So, we have to invoke a language translator (say OOB Microsoft Translator).

This covers using OOB Language Translator and hopefully using an external translator (Like Google Translator) is also similar.

FR lacks a couple of features, as compared to EN and of course language is different.

Rollout configurations may be required to be created.

In the Review/Approve Workflow, Content Authors, Reviewers and Approves are different sets for all these three Geos.

Based on the Content Author , corresponding Reviewers and Approves need to be selected by the Workflow.

Appreciate your efforts.

Thanks,

Rama.