Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Accessing container path in classic UI dialog listener.

Level 3

Hi,

I have classic UI dialog with xtype selection and selectionchanged listeners. container, box and value parameters are passed to the listener.

When I try to get the container path using container.path, I get value undefined but I'm able to get the path value using dialog.path.
In the same dialog. I have xtype multifield and I'm able to get the path using container.path.

Is there any documentation on how many such out of the box parameters are available for listeners? 

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi

You can find the extjs listeners/events in below link

https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.2.0/modern/Ext.field.Select.html

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 10.13.46 AM.png

Employee

You should probably move away from ExtJS use in AEM. It's been in a deprecated state for several years / major releases.

Level 3
Agreed, but the project is already using it.

Community Advisor

@prachiz What version of AEM are you using ? agree with @aemmarc . Unless you are using any version which doesn't support Touch UI ( I don't think that should be the case as most of the older version prior to 6.3 should be out of support now ) 

Level 3
@VeenaVikraman, I'm using AEM 6.4 but components are built using classic UI

Community Advisor
I am sorry prachiz. I have been out of touch with xtypes and classic UI for almost 3+ years. Hope some other community members can get you an answer

Community Advisor

@prachiz Apologies . I couldn't be of much help here. as I mentioned din reply its been quite a long time I am out of touch with xtypes and classic UI . Hope you get help soon. 

Also a recommendation, put a note to your architects or business leads to get the dialog converted to Touch UI. If you are using HTL with Sling models , then you might not have much work to do there , but else if your code is also in JSP, then you might have a bit more work, but trust me it is worth the effort ✌ 

Level 3

@VeenaVikraman, Thanks for the guidance
Actually, we are using JSP with classic UI.