Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Access rights same as Admin in aem.Is it possible?

Former Community Member

I need to add users under one group which having same access rights as Admin.As of now users under "administrator" group does not have same access rights as admin.So how it can be done.

Or only "admin" user alone having the full access rights in AEM?

Can anyone give suggestion on this?

Thanks,

Rajeev M

9 Replies

Level 7

Admin user can only be one. You can have two users having same access as admin using administrators group, but admin user has few extra privileges that only admin can have. But this should not be a problem you can have any number of users part of administrators group, which will have nearly all the access that admin user has and can perform all task same as admin.

Level 9

Hi Rajeev,

It is possible.  Administration group get you complete access to content. But for other like "CUG exception", "OSGi management console" etc....  you need to grant access at osgi by updating the osgi configuration.  Let us know which functionality you are looking for.

Thanks,

Former Community Member

Hi MC Stuff,

Thanks for your response.I want the user should have all permissions same as admin in all the places.For example when we login into crx explorer only admin has the privilages to view all the things.(Ex:Repository Configuration - It will ask 'please login as admin).Is there a wayt o all these stuff?

Former Community Member

Hi kautuksahni

Why i need this means i do not want to give the admin credentials to the team.Each of them have their own credentials(Seperate group) which is having the same access as admin.So that i could track the details easily because i am not encouraging all of them using the admin account.

Correct me if am wrong..? THanks  in adavance

Administrator

What is the point not giving admin credential and giving the user having same rights as admin. The things that they can do by with admin credential could have been done by this equivalent users. Also, the best practice is not give all rights to everyone. Only assign the rights to the user that they would be working on. If someone is author only authoring rights should be giving. There should be 1 admin and for others you can assign administrators group.

Read:- Managing Users and User Groups

Kautuk Sahni

Former Community Member

Hi MC Stuff,

Sorry to say..How it will  be the correct answer .I have mentioned that in content explorer it is only asking admin to login.In such case how it can be resolved?

Level 9

Rajeev,

I do not understand.   Discuss with moderator if you have any concern.

Thanks,