Expand my Community achievements bar.

Access AWS S3 from AEM

Level 2

I am creating the sitemap file within the AEM and upload to the S3 bucket. I have tried to use normal AWS sdk and osgi version, but both end up with same issue, when I try to run the upload.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.amazonaws.services.s3.AmazonS3Client

1405492_pastedImage_0.png

I have definitely imported the AWS sdk package into my module, however, it is still unable to find it when it is called, though other class in the same package seems to be able to be found. ie. Class.forName("com.amazonaws.services.s3.KeyWrapException") is working fine.

Is there something from AEM to restrict the loading of Client classes?

Thanks

4 Replies

Level 10

Are you following AEM online docs?

Level 2

I have read the s3 data store bit online, but it seems not giving me everything I was looking for, such as download file and calling at s3 at a specific time etc. Please let me know if I understand it wrong and share the link for the relevant links. Many thanks

Community Advisor

What I can possibly do is to try write a sample code on how We have achieved it ? I might need some time though.

Community Advisor

As far as I know it don't , but are you sure com.amazonaws.services.s3.AmazonS3Client class is available in your felix console for import ? Which bundle is importing these classes ? While I was working on a similar usecase , I had to make an OSGI bundle from the AWS jar and install separately in FELIX to export all the classes. Are you sure you are not missing this class ?