Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

A Container Doesn't Snap to Columns

Level 1

Hi,

I am using AEM 6.5.  I have a problem to layout containers.
I have a title, body and a button netted inside 2 containers (as image 1 below).  I want to make the outmost container smaller by dragging a blue dot. 

The problem is wherever I drag, the container moves back to where it was, it doesn't snap to the columns layout! For example, it was in column 1, I drag it to column 4, then it moves back to column 1 by itself (second image).

I already have app.ui.apps0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.zip installed

How can I get a container snapped to the columns layout?
In order to get a container snapped to columns, should I have to have double containers set up like this?  or can I have only one container?

Please give me a hand.  Thanks

AEM1.jpg

AEM2.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMStu 

Please update the core component dependency version to latest (currently 2.15.2) and re-validate.

Please look for the following dependency in pom.xml

<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.cq</groupId>
<artifactId>core.wcm.components.core</artifactId>
<version>2.15.2</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<artifactId>core.wcm.components.all</artifactId>
<type>zip</type>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/releases/tag/core.wcm.components.reactor-2.15.2 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Which version of core components are you using? there was an issue with responsiveness with core container component with layout mode.

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Hi Arun, Thank you very much for your comment! I think my core V. is 2.3.2 (would you please take a look at my last attachment above).

If my core version is old, please direct me a source and how to update it to a new version which can solve the problem.  Thanks!

Community Advisor
I think you can't achive your use case with core component without using stle system, just add stle which will add classes to the DOM and use CSS to shift(padding/margin) to achieve your use case.

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMStu 

Please update the core component dependency version to latest (currently 2.15.2) and re-validate.

Please look for the following dependency in pom.xml

<dependency>
<artifactId>core.wcm.components.core</artifactId>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<artifactId>core.wcm.components.all</artifactId>
<type>zip</type>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/releases/tag/core.wcm.components.reactor-2.15.2 

Thanks!

Level 1

Thank you, Arun!
Currently in my local I have:

core.wcm.components.content-2.3.2.zip core.wcm.components.config-2.3.2.zip core.wcm.components.all-2.3.2.zip core.wcm.components.extension.contentfragment.content-1.0.12.zip core.wcm.components.extension-1.0.12.zip core.wcm.components.examples-2.3.2.zip

And from the link you provided, there are:

core.wcm.components.all-2.15.2.zip
core.wcm.components.core-2.15.2-javadoc.jar
core.wcm.components.examples.all-2.15.2.zip
core.wcm.components.extensions.amp-2.15.2.jar
core.wcm.components.extensions.amp.content-2.15.2.zip

Is it ok if the update version doesn't have what I have in my local?  For instance, my local has  core.wcm.components.extension.contentfragment.content,  core.wcm.components.config, but the new version doesn't.

Please let me know.  Thanks!

Level 1

Hi Arun, another concern: I don't have dependency as you mentioned in pom.xml, but I have <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>, so I copy and paste the 2 blocks of dependencies you provided into my pom.xml. Then here is what I updated:

core.wcm.components.extensions.amp.content-2.15.2.zip
core.wcm.components.examples.ui.content-2.15.2.zip
core.wcm.components.examples.ui.apps-2.15.2.zip
core.wcm.components.examples.ui.config-2.15.2.zip
core.wcm.components.config-2.15.2.zip
core.wcm.components.content-2.15.2.zip
core.wcm.components.all-2.15.2.zip

I try to move containers around, but somehow they still don't snap on the columns!
Do you know why?  Thanks

Community Advisor

@AEMStu Can you please check if your grid.less file is present within your base clientlib and the file is included in css.txt

Also make sure that the file is loading as expected. You can use the debug mode to check the clientlibs are loading or not.

If possible can you please share the grid.less file?

Thanks!

Level 1

Thanks, Arun!
I checked and saw grid.less is included in css.txt.
Here is my grid.less:

.aem-Grid {
.generate-grid(default, @max_col);
}
@media (min-width: 1200px) {
.aem-Grid {
.generate-grid(lg, @max_col);
}
}
@media (min-width: 992px) {
.aem-Grid {
.generate-grid(tablet, @max_col);
}
}
@media (max-width: 768px) {
.aem-Grid {
.generate-grid(phone, @max_col);
}
}
I inspected and it loaded as expected.  I wonder why it is not snap into columns, yet!

Community Advisor

I think if I understand you correct, OOTB and core grid css follow the grid layout, means the layout is floating from left to right. If does not do right float. to achieve this you can add styles to the layout container, and write css for those class with float right or any other custom css rules.

Please provide gif or video to explain problems, so that we can assist better.

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Hi Arun, I am wondering how did you know " the grid layout, means the layout is floating from left to right" when you looked at my grid.less?  I am curious. Does that mean I have to layout containers from left to right and from top to bottom?