Expand my Community achievements bar.

6.3 Asset Share Page search predicates have no effect

Level 3

Hello all.  I tried adding some predicates (like specific asset type tags) and was getting no results so I decided to just try out the default ones on an asset share page.  Other than file type, none of the others (date, tags, style etc.) have any effect.  For example, I added the Tag "Portrait" to an asset in the selected search path.  Re-publish the asset.  Then, if none of the predicates are checked, I see all the assets in the selected path.  When I select the "Portrait" checkbox, all of the assets disappear. Un-check it and they all re-appear.  If I just enter the word "Portrait" in the text search field at the top, all of the assets disappear except for the one I tagged with that word.  It like the search widget cant see the asset tags.   Another example, I can set the date predicates to anything (like 1942) and it makes no change at all as to what assets are displayed.   Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jim P

1266088_pastedImage_1.png

1 Reply

Level 3

Got this figured out.   Classic versus TouchUI use different Schemas.   In this case a schema had been created and applied via TouchUI which did not use Dublin Core properties.  The Asset Share Page is created via Classic interface and by default, most fields are Dublin Core.  Since the assets were ingested via TouchUI, they had no data in dc:xxx properties.  The predicates had no effect on assets in view since the search widget was looking for data that didn't exist for those assets.

Learn something every day!

Jim P