Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

6.2 Page Thumbnail - auto/generate

Level 2

Hi,

Pages created in AEM 6.2 - show the Template thumbnail, not an automatic generated one of the page. Also, clicking Generate Thumbnail does nothing.

Does anyone have the same issue? a workaround?

Michael

5 Replies

Level 10

Please post a screen shot. Are you working in Touch UI? 

Administrator

Can you please share the steps to reproduce this behavior.

This could be a bug.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi,

screenshot attached - the image next to 'home' is the template thumbnail - as you see none next to 'Personal'

2nd image - this is where i assume i manually generate an image (does not work) - plus would like this to be automatic.

any ideas?

Level 7

Hi,

this kind of error are verified when the HTML of the page is built with javascript call. 

It's your case? if yes, the workaround could be to use the template image instead of generate the thumbnail.

Level 1

Hi michaele19946905,

you only ha to go to the pagepreview.js file and this edit this line from :
this.$frame = $('<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="position:absolute;top=0;left:0;width:1px;height:1px' src="about:blank"></iframe>').appendTo ('body');

to:

this.$frame = $('<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="position:absolute;top=0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%" src="about:blank"></iframe>').appendTo ('body');

While it is not at all advisable to edit the files that belong to AEM, this is the only solution I can find for your problem.