Expand my Community achievements bar.

403 Response From Adobe Experience Manager OAuth 2 Token Endpoint

Level 7

I am using Postman to test OAuth 2 from a vanilla AEM install.

Postman can successfully obtain the authorization code from /oauth/authorize after I grant access:

But when it tries to use the code to obtain a token from /oauth/token it receives the following response:

HTTP ERROR: 403 Problem accessing /oauth/token. Reason: Forbidden Powered by Jetty://

Looking in Fiddler it is doing a POST to /oauth/token with the following Name/Values in the body:

client_id: Client ID from /libs/granite/oauth/content/client.html

client_secret: Client Secret from /libs/granite/oauth/content/client.html

redirect_uri: https://www.getpostman.com/oauth2/callback

grant_type: authorization_code

code: Code returned from previous request to oauth/authorize

Am I missing something?

6 Replies

Employee

Hi,

To be honest, I'm not very familiar with Postman's OAuth2 support. Can you provide a complete dump of the POST request to /oauth/token? My guess is that this is the Referrer Filter, but I'm not sure.

Regards,

Justin

Level 7

justin_at_adobe wrote...

Hi,

To be honest, I'm not very familiar with Postman's OAuth2 support. Can you provide a complete dump of the POST request to /oauth/token? My guess is that this is the Referrer Filter, but I'm not sure.

Regards,

Justin

Your guess was right Justin. Kudos

Level 7

Solved. You need to add the post as allowed host in the sling referrer filter in your configuration.

Level 7

justin_at_adobe wrote...

Just curious - which host?

There was a typo. Sorry for that. Updated it. By default the post request is not allowed by sling referrer filter in 6.1. 

Level 1

Hi Justin,

I am also facing same issue while requesting from the postman client for the token i am getting 403 forbidden.

Can you tell what are service required to be up and running for the oauth2. and also if its not how i will make up and running.

Thanks in advance.