Sign in to Community
Sign in to view all badges
I have some questions about DPS and authoring tools.
1. What's the difference between Folio and DPS Article ?
I think both format have fixed layout. I can't understand difference and merit of DPS Article.
I want to know why Folio was go away and change to DPS Article.
2. I want to know all publish root from DPS. (ex.App Store for iOS, Google Play for android and ..)
I know I can make iOS, Android and windows application for each stores with DPS.
If I want to publish for Kindle store, iBooks store, Newsstand store or simply on Website, I don't need using DPS ?
3. If I want to make reflowable book ( like responsive website ), I shouldn't use InDesign?
Is there method of making reflowable document with InDesign ?
should I use muse , DW or text editor ? (like normal website making)
I want to know standard making method of reflowable book.
Sorry for my not good English.
1 - I know you are probably talking about the format but essentially, a folio in DPS Classic has now become a collection, the articles within the collections still represent the content
2 - iOS, Android and Windows are the platforms you can publish to
- We do not support the Kindle store
- For book-type content, you want to use the ePub format, please see the following links:
3 - InDesign has the ability to create reflowable ePub
See this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/ebook-fixed-layout.html (with exercise files)
Hope that helps!